1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F***k*** Cyclists

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by J biker, Jul 4, 2017.

1. For some, ranting relives the stress whereas holding it in doesn't. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Mines Black. PAL :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. If I breathe in and count to 4 ,,,,I poo meself.:poop:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. I think they were joining in with the fun - there's no one daft enough on here to don lycra - or even spell it correctly :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. On the road where it counts, yes... at home behind keyboard, let rip!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Nearly all the bikers I know cycle, it seems to be their preferred method of trying to stay healthy so I am surprised that there is not more of an understanding between the 2. Putting the knobs in all sorts of vehicles that will just be arrogant aside I don't see any conflict of interest. I think nearly all Motogp/BSB/WSB riders all cycle for training and poor old Nicky Hayden found out how vulnerable a cyclist can be when doing so.

Sometimes even if you virtually ride off the road to allow traffic to pass they will still overtake in stupid places and meet oncoming traffic and stuff you in the hedge avoiding it. So some cyclists might think stuff it you can wait until the road is wider for my own safety and that comes across as being difficult. You have to remember that 90% of the time you will walk away from your tin box with wheels if it goes tits up but the cyclist won't and so self preservation plays a part.

It ain't rocket science for all involved on what is sensible. I'd like to think that other road users are bright enough to work around that without boiling over. If they can't then they are likely your average fist waving, impatient road raging driver who has "never been in an accident" (but has caused 50) that everyone meets on a regular basis. In which case I don't care if it annoys them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I'm patient to a point, it helps that I'm a very laid back person. I live in the countryside, and am surrounded by teams of cycle clubs that ride all over the Ashdown forest on a weekend.

I don't mind coming across them, they have a right to be there. They do however, need to realise that they are incredibly slow (I'm talking about the ones that go find a steep hill to ride up) and it's this self righteous nature of a minority of them, that you should stop everything to let them partake in their hobby. Most of them are fine, I've had plenty of groups drop to single file once a car gets behind them.

Also, I don't even give them a second thought on the bike as I'm past in seconds (so long as they don't take a racing line and start cutting corners, which some do).

8. You should try going up some of the Cols in the Alps and Pyrenees in summer. Cycling clubs come in coach loads to ride up them but no one really gets up tight about it generally.

We did ride up one Col and my brother gave a sign to 4 cycling guys taking up most of the road. Only we found it was a dead end so he had to pass the same guys coming back down and all four gave him the finger. Did make me chuckle.

It is what it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. LOL - Stop at 3 then....

10. But that's when he wees o_O

11. I have no problem with fuck*** cyclists.

What I really get irritated by is fuck*** car drivers who patiently sit behind cyclists and refuse to push the lycran twats off the road.

It's that kind of lazy, selfishness that gets on my tits.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. Point taken!

13. Don't like odd numbers ,,,,

14. And that is the whole reason I lost my job at the swimming baths

• Like Like x 1
  15. Add some sense to a conversation and everything seems so simple all of a sudden :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Are you the complete bellend who nearly wedged his car between me on my pushbike and a traffic island at nearly 30mph last night ?
    ... nah, it's all tongue in cheek .... nearly from a hospital bed !

• Love You Love You x 1
  17. Glad you're ok.

Did you find out why the traffic island was travelling at nearly 30mph?

18. Probably pissed...

19. I must confess to wearing lycra when on my horse.

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information