1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F**k You, Covid19!

Discussion in 'Touring' started by razz, Jul 30, 2021.

1. All far too much hassle for me. I will happily spend my money elsewhere ....

2. Monaco, Germany, Italy, Greece isn’t QR. Austria is the only one I’ve come across that is QR.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Sitting on the beach in lanzarote checked my temperature on entry and my qr code on my spainish locater form didn't want to know about my antigen test? I'm not jabbed so depends on the country of destination DSC_1128.JPG and which one you are travelling from I suppose? As you can see I will struggle to get towel space on the beach?

• Like Like x 3
  4. Being double jabbed will definitely not stop you getting covid it should stop you getting seriously ill with Covid otherwise there would be no faffing for double jabbed people?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Are you sure?

My understanding is that it stops many people getting any adverse affects at all, in most others it reduces the effects to manageable and not life threatening level. Sadly it doesn't do either for some. This is dependant on which form of CV19 we are talking about, as the vaxx works best (93%) on the "original" CV19, and less well on the Kent variant (67%) 30.7% on the SA variant (aka Reunion Isles variant).

6. Political, innit.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. I'm not going to be the oracle here jez but no that's incorrect you can definitely get covid with serious side effects but it definitely helps the older cohort and should stop a severe case but best do your own homework but I know a double jabbed 82 year old just spent 2 days in bed and in his words he just felt lousy so hopefully that would be the worst of it!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hi Skitz, I think we're both saying the same thing.

I hope your double jabbed friend comes through without any major problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hes good thanks jez the jab in fairness done the trick in his case!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. No one can predict how covid will evolve. I know even the UK govt are expecting it to be a serious issue for the next 4 years at least as they are investing vast sums of cash in a system of testing and vaccinations until 2025.

11. That might be because Doris's friends own the companies...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Byrne-Up tours - there’s a blast from the past.
    Did Magny Cours with them in early 2000’s - first non French trackday held at the circuit. Was a blast - rode there, did the trackday, rode back.
    Did Val de Vienne the year after.

13. Portsmouth

The journey down from Derby to Portsmouth started off warm and dry. I couldn’t be bothered with a back-road route down and I hadn’t left enough time for one anyway, so it was A50, M1, A43, A34, M3 and M27. It was dry until Towcester. From there to Didcot it was torrential showers and from Didcot onwards to Portsmouth it was dry and warm again. Such is the British weather. There were lots of reasonably old sports cars going up and down the A43 around Silverstone. Her Majesty’s constabulary were conspicuous in several places and an unmarked car overtook me at considerable speed with its blue lights flashing. At Brackley there are two roundabouts on the A43. The exit going south on the second one is a left hand bend. The road was wet... Just around the corner was a blue TVR in a deep ditch with just its nose pointing out onto the road and the driver standing there looking sheepish. Rear-wheel drive cars. Sheesh!

On arrival at Portsmouth the normal formalities were supplemented by the COVID requirements, including showing proof of vaccination and production of the French sworn-statement regarding not having been in close contact blah blah blah. The port was quiet. The ferry half empty. It departed early. Tomorrow on arrival I have to face the terror of the french immigration authorities...

• Like Like x 5
  14. 69F180BE-03BB-440E-AF38-A519C606CB93.jpeg EA8C741A-3B9E-49BF-B94E-91628F3AC9D3.jpeg 362F693B-1C38-43E5-83C3-5EAF52EABC20.jpeg

CAD7F3FF-CA44-43C3-9203-FEBF5F3C5556.jpeg

BC1ADA84-30D7-4E2F-AD68-AC6B939D9880.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Agreed.... :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. And a cavity search now we’re not part of le union, don’t forget your lube. :worried:

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Tell you that did they? With earnest serious voices?… :joy:

If this government told me that my feet were on the end of my legs I’d want a second opinion from a grown up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. No but a friend is doing a lot of work and spending a lot of the Government’s money setting up places to do both. And no he isn’t a friend of Boris or a Tory party donor.

19. It's going to be a big business...

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information