1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 Germany Spoiler

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Me a few months ago, anything for a free beer. Plus the women loved it ;-)
    image.jpg image.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. According to wiki shit, he was raised as a Roman Catholic. Andy

3. Well if thats true, he just couldn't have been very hungry after Silverstone, when he didn't seem quite so entralled with anything including which ever flavor god he likes?

4. Hamilton would have won without the Vettel crash,he was much faster on the ultras.As for Bottas,he missed his chance to take Hamilton.Im no fan of his dress sense or music but as a driver hes the best there is and hes a Brit.Good on him.As for all those that keep slagging him off,well youre all German!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Who gives a shit about God? I'm an atheist myself, who thinks anyone who holds any religion beliefs is potty. But, that doesnt mean I cant overlook these indiscretions. I like him, despite his dodgy dress sense and frankly awful music taste. He seems nice enough to me. Plus he is the best driver there is and I honestly think he may even be the best there was. Plus, he's from Stevenage. Which needs all the help it can get.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Or even:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Vettel had a Cagiva Mito when he was 16 apparently so he’s gone up in my estimations !

8. Closing a 17 second lead and passing? Slightly optimistic!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Did you not wtch the race?Both feraris were struggling to get their tyres to work after the rain came.Hamilton was seconds a lap quicker.

10. I certainly watched the race. The gap to Vettel was 17+ seconds. The reason Hamilton was able to close that gap and win was because Vettel was no longer racing and the safety car deployed following his crash allowed the field to close up. Thrashing through all cars in the field to position 4 or 5 should be possible for either of the Ferraris or Mercs and has been done a few times this year. Progressing beyond that without a snafu from the other drivers/ strategy / crash/ malfunction is not impossible but very rare. He would have to make three passes stick on three very fast cars and close the gap.

Hamilton was also very lucky that despite breaking the rules on the pit lane entry -by crossing the grass- that he was not penalised at least five seconds...

I have no problem with Hamilton winning as I said previously in this thread and others. But even Hamilton is unable to work miracles.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. So - Shamilton gets what amounts to a minor telling off for clearly and deliberately breaking the pit-lane entry rules, and crossing the line/grass after the bollard that the drivers were specifically warned not to do at the drivers' briefing. He pick up no penalty whatsoever for pushing the car on a live track during qualifying, in clear and deliberate contravention of the rules...
    And then Ferrari throw the race away from pure crap strategy - as they are prone to do quite often - an an uncharacteristic mistake from Seb.
    And the person who benefits from his team's superior strategy, and from some luck, is "the best of British" even though he lives in Switzerland... Curious...

12. Daniel Ricardo is leaving Red Bull at the end of the season having signed for Renault.

13. Guessing Danni Ric didn't fancy getting an Aston as a company car...
    Wonder what he'll get now - a Meganne or a Kangoo ?

14. Alonso announced today he is retiring from forumula 1

15. About time, he's done and won it all, so can't be much fun for him down in the also rans.

16. The shame was that Red Bull didn't give hime a one year deal for 2019. That might have caused a few good races.

Expect an imminent annoucement that he has signed for Andretti and is racing in Indycars in '19.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. What a shame we didn't get to see him in a competitive car for the last few years. Rather a waste of his immense talent.

He had the unfortunate knack of being in the wrong team and making bad decisions since he fell out with Ferrari a few years back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. He was in a pretty competitive car back in June at Circuit La Sarthe, and showed what he could do with it :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Do you want to run that past me again ? With the only 2 cars in the Hybrid class being run by Toyota, it was a bit of a foregone conclusion. The cynic in me says that the Alonso/Buemi/Nakajimi car was always going to win if the car remained reliable. It was the only way Alonso is going to have the chance of achieving the triple crown, F1, Le Mans and Indy 500, currently only achieved by Graham Hill. Not denying Alonso’s talent, he has been F1 champion twice but it was a long time ago and by his own words, F1 today is not the exciting sport it once was. Andy

20. The car ran, almost faultlessly, for the whole 24 hours when no-one else did - I'd call that pretty competitive - and glad I was there to see it happen...
    And there is no "hybrid class". There is an LMP1 class, which covers hybrid and conventional powertrains. It's not Toyota's fault that no-one has chosen to run a hybrid this year.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information