1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook Sh*t

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Dec 17, 2018.

1. My worry, Loz, as a person who likes to help (until someone becomes a knobhead then I don't) where I can, is that some others who are also less savvy (blindly naive) take Bob's points as read and act the same. Some seem to not realise its the modern-day knocking on al old lady's door and saying some tiles are broken and marching them to a cashpoint and getting 5 grand out of them. Except this can be on a scale where what your friends, freons, friend does can mean they know you have something and therefore apply the virtual 'loose tiles' con.

I hope others dont

2. Its to about persecution (luckily being neither black, nor female nor any other minority that isn't too much of a concern for me) its about some b*astard scamming your mum, dad, nan, mate, son (loads of students have fallen mould of money laundering scams) and how simple things can help to reduce the risk.

And that FB undo a lot of that with their commercial model.

I use FB, think its mostly great, but have everything I can locked down.

3. I wonder why companies pay billions to Facebook :thinkingface:

Must be because they are charitable tax deductions....: unamused:

4. 3) Don't become clearly upset

4) Don't obviously project

You're welcome, buddy. Never too late to learn!

: o D

5. Agree with everything you've said. Mother in Law, who is VERY cautious got caught out once by an email scam and transferred $2000. Luckily, alarms went off in her head afterward and the Bank stopped the transaction.

Along with what you state in your last sentence , it is a tool, to be used by a person suitably educated to secure what they do want to put up and to not load anything less secured they would not feel comfortable parading down the main street. It is the same with Google accounts, apps etc they all have their risks. Buyer beware.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I fear some like Bob just dont get that. And/or dont care. Each to their own :upyeah:

7. :joy:
    Ask @Exige whether I take much seriously :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Say I see anyone's posts, within a short time I could write an algorithm. I can see who follows who, who leaves likes, who leaves dislikes,areas of overlay, areas of political persuasions and the likely hood they would be receptive to this side or that side. I could see what their health issues are, then I can see all the friends listed as those they follow or who folows them, I can now see all their friends listed sexual partners, holidays, family, children, cars, motorcycles, holiday preferences, insurance companies used. Within a short time I could have a database of where people live, health, rough financial category, age groups, locations

Then you get companies such as Cambridge analytica. We mentioned before that the labour party had bought all private information on 1million mums from a mums forum, names numbers, locations, children, how many kids etc to tray and subliminal influence them for the 2017 general election

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...e-than-1m-mums-and-their-children-emmas-diary

Analytica is not purely a dot not on a pin head, it's a fish in the ocean

To avoid a dukism of the world is ending, assume everything you type will be seen by everyone or at least someone you have not given permission too, and you'll be okay. If you are worried about privacy then it might be a good time to work through what you want in public

I myself have typed into the guggle, I want Melania for christmas, I will either get Melania or 5 blokes dressed in black suits, dark glasses and a penchant for a holiday on a certian tip of Cuba

• Like Like x 1
  9. I already did. He said to ask you : o D

• Crap Crap x 1
  10. Oooh! Tetchy!

(He said that, too)

• Crap Crap x 1
  11. I have never been conned out of money in my life.
    I have never had an internet company steal my data, anything that they have has been given by me. None of that data has ever resulted in me being conned out of money.
    I don't really care much for money anyway, I have enough to survive and not worry about it. I don't worship it like many do. I gave up work at the age of 45 and came to live here because I have enough to live on.
    I LOVE facebook.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rest my case.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Yes you do o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Yes he does o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Isnt Bob just saying dont put private stuff on the internet?Keep it light and easy with no sesitive information?If that is what he is saying,it makes sense to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. No. Bob is saying FB is not a problem, and that crooks aren't interesting in regular Joes and cant hack your PC from simple online info. Or that simple info cant be used negatively against you or for ill gains. Bob is wrong.

He may now say he wasn't, I have no idea. Thats how I and I'm sure many others interpreted it.

17. bring back MySpace

• Like Like x 1
  18. What use is yourspace to us?

Although I think you'll find its been replaced with safe space :laughing:

19. One of my sons registered our dog as a Facebook user at least 12 years ago, so when I wanted to use messenger to speak to said son now in Idaho, I login as the Dog - she died 3 years ago, so I assume that she doesn't mind.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. I am saying Facebook is not a problem. The problem is that idiots put stuff on it that they want to keep private and then get upset that it is not private.
    People who have no control over what they write on it should not be using it.
    Many who are slagging it off don't actually use it but just have an opinion from their sisters friends auntie.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information