1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Factory Shift Pro

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by comfysofa, Dec 16, 2017.

1. And then reveals this bit...
    20171228_162352.jpg
    Torx end to get this out. I used red threadlock to replace...not too hard to swap out...I did it up a little and then moved the spring until it seated in...
    20171228_162457.jpg
    I covered all holes that little things could fall into with a rag also...

Right...first and foremost there was a massive difference between the stock and the aftermarket parts...the factory pro bearing was tight and smooth with no play and the stock part had just over a mm of play in there...
    20171228_164053.jpg
    That me kinda pulling the outer to one side...

So, there we have it...reassemble in reverse order...discuss...

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Allways like some engine internal photos, thanks for sharing

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Photos always make stuff more interesting....I'll be back tomorrow with a verdict....if its dry....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brilliant. Cheers for posting this guide.
    It will motivate me to fit mine if you come back with a good test ride review. Had it sat in it’s box for about 1.5 years!

5. You should have said....I'd have bought it off you!

6. Ok.....its dried out a little, enough to go out for a quick spin round the block....

Where do I start...

First and foremost definitely worth the upgrade....theres no additional gaskets or anything needed just a few hours of your time...

So, downside - their gumph says it eliminates false neutrals...no, it doesn't but that's where the downsides end....

Shifting is now more smoother across the board. It feels like every gear is "selected" not just "pushed in". Biggest bonus is the qs is lovely and smooth going up through the box. Also, and I'm not sure why but the final shift from 5th to 6th sometimes ill find the dreaded false neutral but not after a good few runs up and down the m32 (at the top end)

Not that I had a problem finding neutral but that's easier now also. The procedure of moving the lever from is also smoother. I think part of the false neutral problem is also operator shifting....if I "don't think" and shift ill find a neutral but if I "sure foot it" then its 95% good. however the shift pro unit adds the extra 5% id guess.

Id say on the whole it was a worthwhile upgrade - if you had one of these and the engine rebuilt then that'd be the perfect setup.

@Itsamonster if you've got it there already then fit it - a no brainer for sure. And if you do, verify what I'm seeing...or feeling as it were...

7. I thought id add to this thread.....i went out yesterday for another ride. The day before i was really concentrating on how i was shifting, the pressure used, and and down, the speed etc etc. Depending on how all of the above was used would depend on how easy it was to find false neutrals, missed gears etc etc. So, when i got back in i made some adjustments to the linkage and went out again....i moved the primary mount (the one on the final spline) foward one notch (clockwise) as you look at it. I also wound the linkage in by two turns also. Went back out again this afternoon and found it was greatly improved (and, also "forgot" about how i was shifting and just rode the bike normally). So, another question is, what does the adjustment of what ive done give in relation to gear change action.? Oh the other thing is the primary bolt that holds the gear shifter leaver on itself was ever-so-slightly bent so ive cleaned and greased that and, ordered a new ti bolt to replace it (That could also be having a negative effect also).

Another question is, does the effect of adding in the new unit mean that as its now very exact and tight, its adjusts the way the linkage works? As the old unit was incredibly baggy....

8. Fitted ti gear change pivot bolt (the original one was slightly bent, only ever so) but its improved it again....again, ever so slightly....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information