1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fairing Respray Costs?

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by ck_uk, Jan 9, 2020.

1. As long as it doesn't washaway in the rain.:upyeah:

2. Shed roof strike by any chance?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I have a Candy Blue 250lc languishing in my garage funnily enough.

4. I could do with my side panels doing too. Where are you in the UK, we should get a discount job lot done!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Apologies for the tardy response timing. A languishing LC. What I'd have given to be out on an LC these past few days. The engine blew on the last one I bought (2003/4), just before getting it home from the seller's place. I made it to J17 of the M4, all the way from Colchester, before it died. Sad day that. Keep me in mind if ever you consider selling it, please.

6. I’d be really interested to see how you get on. I have some marks and a small crack on my LH fairing panel and really keen to get it sorted out

7. My 749 was dropped 3 times by someone whilst I was working away, last year. Both sides of the fairing, the seat cowl/surround and R/h mirror were all scarred, so I'm in the process of 'spraying for dummies', to see how it goes before deciding whether or not to send the bits to the professionals. I buy one tin of 473201 coded spray paint & one tin of clear spray lacquer from a NI based supplier for £25 delivered, but I'd be interested to know of any better alternatives.

8. Where'd you get your paint from? Was it aerosol, in spray cans, or something else? I'm prepping some panels for a desperate, myself.

9. 'respray' not "desperate", despite how it appears.:blush:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Has anyone used autopaint-pro.co.uk before?
    Is £67 for 4 x 400ml tins of 473201 solvent-based aerosol a decent price?
    The Eniskillen-based company that sells 1 x 400ml each yellow and lacquer for £19.95 + delivery does not appear to have a website (other than Amazon).

11. £1100 for small fairing repair & paint fairings, wheels + tank on 916 But really is a work of art.

12. Who was that with mate?

13. Perhaps someone should start up a new thread for helping forum members regarding what bike you've and what's been painted & for how much money was exchanged, but only recently paintjobs say in the last twelve months.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Location would be useful, if only to save on courier charges. Just a thought. We'm not so well off in deepest, darkest Kernow (finance as well as location/services).

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I was going to mention that one as well but you've done it for me now on this occasion.:upyeah:

16. I can find out, Rosso Corse in East London uses a guy who dose the graphics as well.

#37 Kevin Tallant, Mar 31, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Don’t know them. I used RS paints for a frame touch up (748) and for a spray can for the fairing but, as said a few posts above, ended up taking the body parts to my local car body repair shop. It’s worth asking them as you might be surprised how cheaply they’ll do it for a quick cash job and they can colour match the paint; plus you get a professional finish.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cheers. I'm mid respray now. If I'm not happy with the result I'll deffo go down the local 'fill-in job' route.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information