1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fairings Differences And Fits...998 996 916 748

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by GUINNESS, Sep 28, 2018.

1. @JoeC I rang up on that 998 last year but he wouldn't budge on the price as I was going to make a track bike out of it. But yes been for sale for ages.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Right guys I've sold all them crappy fairing parts I had. Now I'm looking for some OEM parts a nose cone and full side panels with the large air vent not the flat sided ones. Can anyone help me out if they have parts redundant lying around. I have looked on EBAY for them but Id have an array on colours. The GRP ones don't seem very appealing to me, not too sure the fits will be as good, obviously as the OEMS....Cheers in advance.

#22 GUINNESS, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  3. Have a look in Ducati 998 Owners Group on facebook, there was a Hungarian chap Geregly Pataky that had oem 998 side farings for sale. I was looking for a set myself, but changed my mind.

#23 alexko, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  4. Vented panels won’t fit a 998 BTW so these would be needed. Earlier non Testastretta bikes excluding.

5. Thanks Alexko I will have a look there. :upyeah:

6. Hi Fire3500, I bought this set of red bull fairings a little while ago and fitted them to my 998. Had to move the coil packs more inside the frame but I've got them on with a bit of jiggery pokery. 20190427_152916.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. maybe some beru stick coils (like 999/1098 etc) would resolve this for you, you would need to adapt the 2 pin plug to fit the 3 pin on the

8. Cheers funkatronic but it worked out well inverting the mounting brackets. I just need some fairings I didn't want to spray over the red bull ones. I was told when I bought them from the genuine seller. They are the actual first test pieces for the red bull reve ducati team "John Reynolds " they look great anyway.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information