1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Family Day Out?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by richard (smithy), Aug 22, 2021.

1. Today’s royal fuck up.

after a successful ride out Friday (a “I will be back in an hour) ride out!

Family day out at wipsnade wildlife park all booked for Saturday (brownie points) for Sunday! All sounds like the usual train of thought for most married bikers! Everything went well! Up early! Didn’t get lost as the twat nav was working well for once! We had a great day out and all was going well just the butterfly house to see on the way out and the day was perfect!

and I swear on my life if I didn’t have bad luck I would have no luck!!!

the boy (6) managed to evade careful management and found himself at the monkey bars in the play park! (Fucking disaster) he slips off and immediately starts screaming! I feel his wrist/arm and if feels like a off set ruler! So I tell the Mrs it’s broken and make a sling using his jacket. The first aid lady was asked not to touch it and she did! And now the boy and the Mrs start to freak! All I asked for was an ice pack!
    15 minute drive to the hospital and he’s now in surgery! (Fuck my life)
    Opinions needed as to if it’s inappropriate to go out on a ride tomorrow once I get them both home?

2. Oh dear.
    Hope he's OK.
    Probably not a great idea to go out today (Sunday).

3. :imp::imp:It will only be for an hour! Mehahahaha

4. :motorcycleduc::joy::joy:He just out of surgery so that’s why I’m up!......not having a beer.....asking people I don’t know to possibly justify a ride out later today

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hard luck, hope the lad is OK and not in too much pain.

Family first, gotta suck it up. You'll have your freedom one day, take the opportunities when you can, in the meantime encourage your offspring's independance when they're old enough.

Approximately your youngest child's age subtracted from 18 years to go...

6. Surely you will have to go out anyway to find another kid to replace him in the chimney sweeping team? Might as well go on your bike...

• Like Like x 1
  7. I think you may have been suffering shock due to your boy being injured. This may have clouded your rational thinking - of course you shouldn’t go out on your bike when there’s the family to support.
    I say this from my own experience when my children were little uns.

8. Haha just trying to make light of the situation, of course I’m not going out......in the rain, making loads of cleaning for myself :yum

in all seriousness he out of surgery just waiting for a discharge letter and we are hitting the m1 and the m25 :upyeah:

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information