1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Famous Comebacks

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by El Toro, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Maybe a certain Marc Marquez might just land on this list anytime soon.:thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Without a shadow of doubt this man after breaking his leg and winning that magic five on the bounce.
    index.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. He was stripped of those titles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Really liked Doohan, so smooth but my favourite (other than Sheena) was Schwantz. It was always shit or bust with him. Proper bikes too, 500cc animals, those were the days

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Marquez last to first

• Like Like x 1
  6. Not quite sure if it counts as a comeback but Yer Maun's 2000 IOM Formula 1 win, after everyone thought his time had passed on the big bikes.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Brad Binder, some race somewhere, from last to 1st.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I think Kevin was most people's favourite just like Colin Mcrae, they would speak to the crowd everytime they raced.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Neil Hodgson last to first at Oulton

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Duke of Edinburgh. He’s out of hospital. Again.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. He is Hydra :p

12. Thread drift.....

Isn't that the multi headed serpent in Jason and the Argonauts?? With teeth that turn into stroppy sword wielding skeletons?? :thinkingface:

13. My oncologist suggested I read Lance Armstrong's book "It's not about the bike" as an inspiration, I did read it and found it encouraging and inspirational only to discover he was a cheat and liar of monumental proportions. What a disappointment.

14. For me it has to be Hailwood.

15. i told the wife to suck it last night, she said she wouldnt because small objects are a choking hazzard.. a classic comeback. but not very nice.
    cow.

• Funny Funny x 6
  16. It was supposed to be a joke.......

maybe you had a first edition, I think the later print runs had another chapter at the end ;):joy:

17. Apparently Tiger woods been seen walking without crutches for the first time since his car crash, watching his son play golf.
    Time for one more comeback? :astonished:

18. Liverpool vs Barcelona (4-0) | Epic Comeback Completed At Anfield

• Like Like x 1
  19. In both senses of the term

"Sir, If you were my Husband I would poison your tea"
    "Madam, if you were my wife I would drink it"

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information