Fancy a new Helmet....

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by ResB1199, Sep 27, 2013.

1. I have a Shoei X-Spirit in black and was wanting something that looked not so plain...

Was messing in Photoshop and thought I'd ask your opinion. Which colour on the side as I'm not a fan of the engine section on the original. Need to find a decent paint guru in Yorkshire somewhere...I'm thinking the white works best.

Ducati-Helmet.jpg

Ducati-Helmet.jpg

#1 ResB1199, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. +1 for the white :upyeah:

3. I know a guy up Cheshire way who's excellent and probably very well priced, he'll be doing my next bike but he does excellent airbrush jobs

ill fire you his details

4. In fact here you go - Slick Shot Kustoms

hes a great guy and really helpful, learnt about him from the KTM forum where a lad had his RC8 done.

I contacted him about getting mine done before I had to sell it, spent a while looking at artwork for doing an Akrapovic gunmetal edition, really genuine guy who I'll go back to.

his Facebook page is always updated with his work but he does all manner of styles etc.

he can do full on race reps through to some of the fancy airbrush stuff, good bloke

theres also 20% off helmet paint jobs at the moment! he's popped a code on Facebook

#4 damodici, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the info. Appreciate it. I shall investigate now. :upyeah:

6. +1 for the white. But I like the original too.

7. Moved to clothing :smile:

8. If you must change it, white looks best. Although I have the original and it does look very nice in the flesh.

#8 Robarano, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2013
  9. I'd reccomend JLF Designs in Norfolk (not local I know) he's helped me finalise two designs, and brought them both to life with stunning results - hugely talented.

Google - JLF Designs

image.jpg

10. And another pic from the front...

image.jpg

11. The other lid...

image.jpg

12. Reverse shot... and for the eagle eyed among you yes they are karting/car helmets

image.jpg

13. Lastly the inspiration for both characters;

Hollywood & The Stig...

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. keep it stock.otherwise white.

15. i think you may have a rat problem!!:upyeah:

16. I like the red.

17. Careful - ill set them on you!! ;o)

18. I just bought one of these for a change . Its got a rear view mirror and it actually works . modern helmets are so much better these days .
    Reevu MSX1 Matt Black

19. I saw these a couple of years back and thought they looked interesting. I bumped into a rep for Reevu at Hartdise last year and tried one on, but I've never used it on a bike. What are they like in the real world?

20. It will be next year before I know whether I like it or not as I haven't used it for any length of time yet . But the mirror definitely works as described . I just have to learn to stop looking at it and watch where i'm going not where i've been . By the way the free gifts I got with the helmet were a dark visor to both front and back . It looks mint .

#20 ducati2242, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
Do Not Sell My Personal Information