1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fast Group Wannabe

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Rapide, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Which thread?

2. I did a James Whitham day at Croft. Groups are tiny which is worth the slight cost increase. If I’m honest I was slightly disappointed with the training, talented riders but they didn’t seem too engaged within my group anyway.

I’ve had significantly more helpful pointers from the expert replies to my message - so thanks again all :)

3. This is often the problem with bsb/wsbk etc riders giving instruction in my opinion.

One issue being that they’re so very far up the road to where you’ll likely be in terms of pace that they seem to struggle to get on a level with you unless you’re already a racer and have the minerals that you’re only say a couple of seconds off of them.. And you in return don’t get an awful lot out of it other than to say “I’ve ridden/had tuition from >>(insert generic hero here)<<

I think the current racers struggle to Coach riders of all levels basically. You don’t actually need to be the fastest rider/driver in the world to be a good teacher. Teaching is so much more than just ‘talent’

the ex racers like Dean Ellison, Laverty or Brogan etc however are superb !

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information