1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Fe Just How Noisy Is It

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by John W, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Hi all.
    I'm thinking of doing some track days on my FE which has the full akra system, but not sure it will pass noise testing.
    Has anyone actually had theirs tested, either static or drive by ?

Also I see the TD organisers state baffles must be fitted, but I'm not even sure the system came with baffles.

No Limits quote:
    Brands 101db
    Snetterton 102db
    Cadwell 105db
    Donington 108db

Whats the chances of getting inside any of these :yum

2. Donington noisy day no problem. Don't know about the others. Full system, no baffles, would think you'd be pushing your luck considering my V2 with standard can blows 102. Thought there was a massive thread on this already?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Thanks Jamie. I did a search but couldnt find noise readings posted. Maybe I just searched using the wrong things.
    I found lots of other talk about 1299 exhausts on 959s though :yum

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. I have the Termi D170 underseat system on my 1199 now, and due to the similar noise issues, I had Phil Smith from SPF make me some extended cans as a direct fit for it. maybe an option for you as well?

5. Safe as houses on a Donington noisy day. You could rock up in a Typhoon Eurofighter on a noisy day.

I’d steer clear of anything under 105db. I’ve got a Superduke R with a full Akrapovic system (cat fitted) and it just squeaked through at Cadwell (105db). I was just on the limit they said. But apparently they say that to everyone with a non standard system. It sounds nice but certainly not obnoxiously loud.

Then I’ve got a V4S with full Termignoni Uscite (no baffles) Now that is noisy. Donington 108db only days with this bad boy….

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1

6. This.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Donington, Anglesey normally don’t test, Silverstone on a noisy day. All others probably off limits!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Silverstone? Hilarious... I was recently down there for a play day in a Porsche. And Damon Hill was having a razz round in his old V10 whatever it was... The noise from this thing as it flew past was incredible. It would have woken the dead. Sounded epic but jeez was it loud!! So it always make me smile when they get precious about noise limits...

• Like Like x 2
  9. I’m at Snetterton right now and there is a guy on a v4 with Akra system. No problem. Not sure if he’s running baffles but assume so.

EDIT. No baffles

#10 Expat Jack, Jul 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Amazed. Snett and Oulton have to be the worst for noise (apart from the ridiculous Combe)

• Agree Agree x 1

11. Adds snett to my list of accessible trackdays

12. No static noise testing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. GSXR 750. Titanium decat full system and Leo vince. No issues.
    image.jpg

14. Explains it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Wtf?! Since when?? Is it a covid thing??

16. They stopped static when the tracks first opened after first lock down, then they bought it back, and now have stopped it again. Static was so inconsistent, one day my bike would pass,the very next day would fail. No static also means less messing about in the mornings

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1

17. It makes sense to just do a ride by doesn’t it. Static means fuck all really let’s face it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. I always thought this and I prefer not having a test, but I suppose it's a measure to stop them having half of each group smashing ride by limits and having councils all over their back. It is way easier though. Bike out, warmers on and chill :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Let’s hope it continues!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information