1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fecking Insurance Companies.

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Pierre 66, Mar 20, 2020.

1. It feels like I`ve just been royally dry buggered by Motorcycle Direct and Carole Nash, the only thing they didn`t do was slap my arse and shout "YEE-HAW" when they finished.

I renewed the policy for my XR250 with Motorcycle Direct on 6th January, cost £84. Just rung them to say I`d sold the XR and wanted to change the policy to this AJP I`ve bought. They want £200!!!!
    If I cancel the policy which I have to do (a policy that`s been running for just over 2 months) then I get no unused months refund but I don`t owe them anything.
    I didn`t expect much of a refund but nothing.......WOW!!!

I have a six wheel policy with Carole Nash for my Ducati and the car, it`s due for renewal middle of June and they wanted £113 to add the bike from now until renewal.

Just got a brand new quote for a year from Hastings for £70.83.

I wish there was some way to really hurt these companies, they see an opening to make some easy money and they`re in. God help you if you ever need to make a claim.

I remember watching a series called Deadwood and a line sticks in my head that describes insurance companies.

Al Swearengen(talking about customers):
    Sometimes I wish we could just hit 'em over the head, rob 'em, and throw their bodies in the creek.

Cy Tolliver(being sarcastic):
    But that would be just wrong Al.

Robbing Bastids :punch::mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I'm after Hastings for tens, or even hundreds, of thousands. Their policies may go up soon - when they discover that my solicitor has no sense of humour!

#2 PerryL, Mar 20, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  3. thread moved

4. Loads of e-mails coming through from insurers saying they are working hard during these difficult times, so please renew on-line and not by phone. This will be so you can't haggle if you have cheaper quotes - twats :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. I think you`ll find that the "Arse Slap and Yeehar" is an extra cost option . If you wanted them to do that you should have told them when taking the policy out.

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. They never mentioned any extra options.
    When they told me I would get no refund for the 9 1/2 unused months on my policy I did ask if they would lube me up first. I was told the underwriters don`t like to use lube and prefer to go in dry :scream:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  7. May I recommend The Shaftem & Gape Insurance Company to you then Pierre ? I have heard they offer a choice of lube and also tissues for the clean up afterwards although current circumstances mean that is subject to availability.

#7 dukesox, Mar 20, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. I had a very similar issue with Carole Nash. I wanted to change from a ZRX1200 to my Mutley with 3.5 months left to run on the policy. Both similar values, both same insurance group - they wanted more than I was quoted by Hastings for a 12 month fully comp policy to change it over...and around 120 quid to cancel it !! I wanted the Rex off my records so cancelled it, but I will never, ever use Carole Nash again.

9. Carole Nash did me a few years ago.
    I had my 749, my 900ss and the car on the same 6 wheel policy. I sold my 900ss and when I told them they offered me £20 or £30 refund, then hit me with a £40-ish admin fee for mid term alterations. I can`t remember the exact figures, all I know is I take a bike off the policy and it costs me money.
    I do like their 6 wheel policy for ease, I just wish someone else would offer one and I`d ditch Carole Nash in a heartbeat.

10. Car insurance..on the shitbox, and old ford focus, I just got through a renewal quote direct from hastings for £369 for their premier insurance on the car.

Go on go gompare, same car, same premier fully comp, same hastings and it comes back at £219, go figure

11. Carole Nash just sent my renewal for 3 bikes £617
    cancelled the renewal
    Went with Bennetts £222
    One problem with Carole Nash you can't get a policy without all the added extras especially there Breakdown cover or at least I couldn't

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. I was with Carole Nash for about 25 years and every year I'd get an increased cost, but a quick call later and they'd get it back to within striking distance of the previous years premium.

Except 4 years ago. My premium went from under £400 for a two bike policy to £975. When i called and asked if they could get it back down I got a blanket "No, that's the best we can do". One quick telephone call to Principal insurance and I had it down to £387 so I cancelled with CN and switched to Principal.

Then Carole Nash had the audacity to take the £975 out of my account. I rang to complain, quoted all the calls I'd made to them, who I'd spoken to and why and gave them all dates and times, including the call when I advised I was switching from them. I said they'd stolen from me so I was of a mind to involve the police...................in response I got a £150 cheque as a gesture of goodwill. :)

13. My van insurance is due tomorrow so phoned the insurers, but held in queue forever,so feck them put the phone down & went online for a quote which was £56.00 cheaper :)but then i'd to add the SP30 :mad: but it was still £20.00 cheaper.

14. Insurance companies Gross Margin is 25% and Net is 5%, so if they can wangle up your premium by 10% they triple their Net profit margin. It’s a game every 2/3 year the computer looks at your demographic and history and tries it on. You have to keep moving so that the computer knows you are a mover. In some cases like they may not even want you to stay hence the hail mary or fugg of quote.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Face it. Insurance is simply another tax. Oh, and just for good measure it’s a tax on a tax (on a tax).

• Like Like x 1
  16. I've had a Fuck You, Buddy quote.

When I queried it, they actually added extra Fuck You.

True story.

17. Car insurance actually meets the requirements for investigation and prosecution under anti-trust laws, in terms of price-fixing AND market/territory-sharing.

Quite hilarious, when you think of it.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information