1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Fender Extender

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by SteveE, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Does anyone know of a fender extender that will definitely fit the rear half of the front mudguard on a 1260s or PP? I believe they are the same fitting for the DVT(?) I ordered one from flea bay And it is the wrong shape all together :(

2. Pyramid Plastics have the right one you are looking for. I've bought and fitted one to my 1260 and it fits perfectly.

3. If you want, I can take a photo for you and you can see it fitted for yourself.
    Just get back to me to let me know.

4. Thanks Tony do you have a link? it was a pyramid plastics one that I ordered and was wrong :weary_face:

5. That would be great … and a link so I can purchase? :heart_eyes:

6. Its not an Enduro is it? Apparently they're different :confused:

7. Its not an Enduro is it? Apparently they're different :confused: IMG_0637.jpg

8. Steve,
    No mine is an MTS and yes the Enduro version is different as I understand it. I'm pretty certain it is/was a Pyramid item I bought, but I'll go an check it out and get back to you, with a photo too.

9. Brilliant appreciated!

10. Steve,
    :) Here's a copy of the link to the PP website and I've checked out the item fitted to my bike, which is the very same. Item No: 055110 and it does work fine.
    I would strongly suggest though, NOT using the P-P sticky stuff or the plastic rivets they supply, as they allow the extenda to flex far too much. Instead, as in the couple of photos I've attached, try to drill out your own pre-marked locations on the original fitting (you'll need to take this off, which can be a sod to achieve) and then attach using lock nuts and S/S bolts, which as you can see, I've then painted using matt black to tone the look down a little bit.

Mine hardly moves at all and contrary to some of the guys who've commented before about this addition, I've not had any deterioration or contact with the engine guard or the front tyre.
    Check it out. IMG_1201.JPG IMG_1202.JPG IMG_1203.JPG

Any other queries on this subject, give me a shout to suit.
    Regards
    TonyMN:upyeah:

11. Brilliant that’s the one. I tend to Gorrilla glue them on (I’m a thug I know). I’ve ordered one :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Great stuff.
    I hope it works out for you.
    Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  13. By the way I fitted a carbon one to my 1200 DVT and it was so thin it flapped on to the tyre and ruined the tyre and itself before I noticed it :weary_face:

14. Are those swirled scratches on the fender extender? I've had two and they've both developed scratches in the same place, but can't figure out how they got there.

15. I’ve stopped using fender extenders on the 1260. Found it was bouncing against the tyre slightly while travelling at high speed and ruined the tyre over a period of six months. Expensive mistake

16. But what about all those stone chips on the front of that beautiful motorcycle?! I couldn’t bring myself to get it all ratty!

17. I feared that but with the evotech rad guard it’s totally fine

18. Ah ok. I’ve had the Evotech and the sump guard powder coated with a thick mottled effect, so it’s quite tough against chips. I’ve ordered another fender extender, so will give it one more try. If that goes the same way, I’ll run the bike without.

19. Why don't they sell bikes with proper mud guards FFS. Same issue with back end as well. :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  20. My last DVT had a Limberger extended guard, that worked well. Current DVT standard extension on the standard guard gets caught under the standard crash bars under heavy braking (good eh?). So I’m going to get the Limberger again.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information