1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filth

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Stevie Tea, Mar 16, 2014.

1. OK that should have your attention!
    I have a 2010 Monster 1100 and I love it but I've never know a bike so good at throwing dirt all over its self! Weekend before last I went for a ride and it was mostly dry but some of the country roads were a little bit damp. When I got home the bike had a liberal spraying of dirt over the rear mudguard up to the light and over the seat cowl, under the seat and through the gaps to the tool tray etc, all over the swinging arm and cooked onto the exhaust. Now I like my bike to be shiny and clean so this is a problem for me. Anyone got any suggestions for bolt on goodies, such as a longer rear hugger, that will reduce the problem ?

2. Mine does the same. Jet wash the mucky bits then some WD40 and a wipe down.... Then off into house to dehumidifier room...

3. These work a treat...... Dry everything really quickly....

I stay away from chain, shock, and brakes when using the jet wash, but it makes quick work of everything else.... I use Hippo Spray from Snells to get rid of the crud. Bike washed and put away all in 20 mins

image.jpg

4. Nice looking bike Putney. I like the belly pan, could you tell me where you got it from?

I like the idea of a dehumidifier room but I suspect I would need a fairly serious sized dehumidifier to work in a large garage that has brick walls that are only a single brick thick. What I’m really looking for is changes to the bike that will reduce the initial problem, such as an under tray for the seat area to stop the muck coming up in between the tool tray and spraying around under the seat itself.

I notice that the 2014 Monsters have one of those stick out the back quarter mud-guard thingies which would stop the muck spraying up your back. I wonder if one of those could be adapted to fit a 2010 model? If it were possible to fit one of these it might also allow me to fit a tail tidy without even more muck spraying up my back. Mmmm, I feel a trip to the local dealer coming on.

5. other thing I use on my bikes is a leaf blower after washing to blast out any sitting water.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information