1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Finally.... A Mutley Tail Tidy..!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Shoboshi, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Maybe they should’ve added it onto the mudguard ala the Diavel.

One thing I am certain of, the revamp of the Mutley rear light inc under seat storage, was poor.
    Lovely curvy rear end including rear light, large storage area under the seat, all but gone, replaced by a shambolic f@&k up.

Might see if a Diavel plate holder fits. Just to end my curiosity.

2. Personally, I thought what you did with your Multi was great.
    The Diavel would work aesthetically and also regulatory but perhaps not as good for those wet rides.
    Furthermore, you'll have to fix the gaping hole in the plastic under your seat should you chop the tail even further.

3. If someone makes a kit to fix the indicators, number plate and light to the mudguard, like the Diavel, i would definitely buy it

4. It's most likely the same swingarm and holes. There's a high probability that the Diavel mudflap / plate holder will fit the Multi.
    The problem is finding a solution for what will be left under the Multi's seat once you remove it's tail piece.
    Even If a solution is found, a Diavel type set-up will add "leveraged" unsprung weight which I don't like.
    BTW, I immediately noticed an improvement in rear suspension responsiveness when I removed that mudguard from my 1260 PP.

#24 DarR, Dec 5, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  5. Everything’s possible with a bit of thought. I like modding things so perhaps I’ll give it a go.

• Love You Love You x 1
  6. Why is there one of these stuck to the plate... wash it off quick.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. #28 DarR, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Whilst the Evotech website lists different part numbers for the 1200 & 1260 I wonder if the mounting points are the same.

Soooo, would the standard 1200 part fit the 1260? I’d be happy with that as I think the 1260 is just too bloody long.

9. Some part consistency would be beneficial for reducing costs. Especially between Multistradas.

10. You should speak to Gary the owner at evotech...ask him the question "Why" the difference in price ? ...... [email protected]

11. Speak to either Garry or Damian at Evotech..... Neither, I believe are owners, but I know they'd like to be!

12. Just fitted today Like it a lot:upyeah:

13. I've written and spoken with Gary Twigg many times over the last 4 years. In fact, I've sent him several photos for designs to accommodate america's smaller plates.
    Very nice guy. I would not dare comment about the pricing albeit I do find the latter on the high side.

#34 DarR, Dec 13, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  14. I can't be true without pics.....:p

15. if you dont ask mate you dont Get..simple-as..:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. That's a fair comment. I'm not in a position to install one until the spring anyhow. Sales numbers will speak loudly. If not, I'll consider it then.

17. I have one
    It is still in the box

I shall be having it fitted on Friday

I shall be having it fitted for the small cost mainly as the instructions are not terribly clear and the damage that a ham fisted git like me could do in the several hours of swearing makes it not worthwhile doing differently

18. Come on then pictures?

19. I would really like to see a photo with the OEM panniers (and a quick review) if you have them.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information