1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Finally.... A Mutley Tail Tidy..!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Shoboshi, Nov 17, 2019.

1. can confirm OEM panniers fit perfect about 2in from the indicators go on and of the bike no problem im having troble uploading pict's

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. my brother in law has the 1260s his just ordered one

3. Firstly I am glad i didn't fit it myself but that is because i am a hamfisted mechanical numbskull
    It took my man a good hour and a half and he is ducati trained mechanic !
    Along with the 8x6 number plate and the shovel hugger thing removed it looks like a ducati should sleek and mean and although 200 quid is plenty of money the components are well made and worth it for the looks

Its a pikes peak so i dont have panniers I know i could but i find panniers to be a waste of time for what you can get in them Vs the looks so i always go for soft bags. I used to use ventura which is bloody brilliant stuff but again it would have ruined the appearance of the rear of the PP so enduristan bags and rod straps for me

4. @Redrick
    First line: too funny.
    Thanks for that quick review about the install. Not surprised by the high quality of EP as I have several of their products.
    I got the Multi PP as a sportbike which can occasionally accommodate two-up. It replaced a Panigale and will be on the track in 2020.
    I have the OE Panniers but have only used them once. I got them and a back-rest (photos attached) just for a weekend getaway with the spouse if that ever happens.
    I've since removed that heavy mud-guard. Big improvement in suspension response.
    Notwithstanding, I'm looking forward in seeing how the panniers fit with the Tail Tidy. EP and @Dazzy says they fit but it's got to be real tight.
    20190520_194637.jpg 20190521_084922.jpg

#45 DarR, Dec 22, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  5. Just got these photos flashed across my screen. Don't know more than these for now.
    70508658_137029997560994_7353600834546618439_n.jpg 69619472_2392217234368297_6157409683092361949_n.jpg 71186766_2478445422401273_1069231901289751933_n.jpg

6. Ah ha.! Reminds me to look for my Meccano set. I’m sure I’ve still got it... :yum

• Like Like x 1
  7. Looking on a practical side (I know, I know), how much road dirt is flung up onto the rear in comparison to the OEM tail? Too early or does someone have a view?

8. As my own tail tidy is nigh on identical to Evotech's, I can say for certain that unless you run the splash guard, you will get a fair amount of spray over the rear of the bike.
    I run mine without said splash guard so can confirm what I'm talking about. However, if it's raining or the roads are wet, just takes a bit longer to clean the bike and subsequently, my jacket too.

I much prefer the look of the bike so I'm happy to accept the aforementioned.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Agreed. Tail tidy's are for looks only. Not good for wet pavement.
    I got caught in a downpour while on the Monster with an EP tail tidy. Rooster tail spray and skunk like line of back of jacket.

10. Whilst the tail tidy certainly improves the looks it does very little for the cleanliness of the rear

Mind you it serves me right riding it when the roads are as shitty as they are dirty 1.jpg dirty 1.jpg dirty 2.jpg

11. That's exactly why I left my crud catcher on, looks crap I agree, but it works!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I don’t think anything would prevent that mess!

Have you been driving around purposely looking for mud.?..:p

13. Hmm, I think I will stay stock for now, but maybe just graft in a smaller number plate.
    Normally I do fit tail tidy's, but 200 quid, a longish fitting job and a potentially filthy bike are not screaming Buy me - Buy me :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. 200 miles in the Yorkshire Dales and i have never ridden on such dirty roads never mind the ice

At one point i thought i could see a dry line but it turned out to be a mile stretch of mud half inch thick dry and crusty on top wet in the middle

The GSs that were with me fared no beter so I am not too concerned and at the end of it i would normally not be riding this time of year but want to get the service miles done

15. Nice to get out though. Just takes a bit more cleaning.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information