1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally, An 888 Owner Again!

Discussion in '851 / 888' started by Richrox986, Sep 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. It's perfect. I spoke to my local Ducati dealership and the 888 parts are no longer available. So I have purchased this one. Even with shipping is still a reasonable price.

2. Beautiful :heart_eyes:

3. These are the best threads

4. Nice.

Any plans to replicate the previous bike, or is it a new start to go on a different route?

5. The only real differences are: I sprayed the previous bikes wheels Ducati gold, similar to the frame and the footrests were ali finish, the current one has black coated.

6. And the numberboards, and the upswept carbon termis, and the carbon front mudguard, ........

Edit: whoops I was comparing with @Bridgland ’s photo’ rather than your avatar!

7. The current one is, as far as I can tell standard, so I will keep it that way. Even has original Ducati exausts.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Please tell me why?

Steve R

9. Because these bikes are the best!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. lol That's what I said when I bought my "92 851 22 years ago, now I can't recall a single part that hasn't been replaced or modified.
    Now it's down to 350lbs and has around 140 rwbhp.

Steve R

11. Because they are the best bikes
    One is on my wish list :)

12. Found some more old pics of my first 888. Me standing by the bike, after I low sided at Druids corner at Brands Hatch and the other at Snetterton. The silver tape was from a stupid crash on the road where I went over the handlebars braking hard as the car in front stopped suddenly.

Silverstone 888.jpg

Brands Druids Crash.jpg

#32 Richrox986, Sep 29, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information