1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Finally ( And Rather Unexpectedly ) My 1299s Has Landed

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by The Moosehunter, Apr 6, 2019.

1. tHE SPACERS DO HELP WITH THE STALLING AS THE THROTTLE CONTROL IS EASIER. Caps oops, damned caps lock. Screw it. I aint typing it again. The slackness would drive me mad as first you had to deal with the imprecision of the wrist throttle response. Its a no-brainer for the 30sobs. I fitted some almost immediately to my 1299s. A higher screen is good too as are proper DP rearsets. You shall also need some stomp grips. Shove it in race and leave it there. Have fun. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Carbon Fibre fairing support in great condition is going to be up for sale as soon as I am permitted to list on the forum (should anyone know anyone who may be interested)

Not sure how much more input I need at this stage to be granted permission to list

Any info anyone / admin ?

3. Switch it off! .... The throttle spacer was a big deal for me too.... all that play!! pretty much first thing I did.... When your ready fella as I'm always out and about on mine... Good lad

4. Fairing support??? Do tell more?? You talking about the Top Cowl fairing support?

5. I do indeed mean the top cowl support

The one that goes around the dash ( see photo )

Looks like they would usually cost £500 quid or so. Happy to do a deal for a fellow Southern Panigaler before it gets offered to the masses

Let me know if interested

Cheers

Moose

58EFF83C-2A57-49BC-B967-D2C8158910A6.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  6. To sell stuff on here you need to be a subscriber at £5 or £15 (free Halfords trade card). Press the Premium button at the top of the screen. No adverts too when you subscribe. Bonus!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Please subscribe to sell
    Pay £15 and you will get a Halfords card which will be well worth it.
    You will soon get back what you spent

8. Moose, if you don’t mind could you tell me where you purchased your throttle spacers please? Cheers

9. Needed to be Matte!!!! AAAHhhhh

Never mind....

Sure someone's going to snap it up! ....

10. No worries Dave

Item now listed in the for sale section officially if you know any folk with a penchant for the glossy carbon

• Like Like x 1

11. Thank you :)

12. Just wanted to say what a fecking awesome machine the 1299 is !!!

Out for 3 hours solo yesterday so chance to get to grip more with what it can do. Holy Smoke !!!

I am putting off the experimentation of Race mode until everything Sport - wise feels second nature. Hopefully icing on an already satisfying cake.

Biggest adjustment to the R1 is the engine braking. Must make sure I remember to adjust back when I jump back on the Yam for a nostalgic ride

#noregrets

• Like Like x 3
  13. I have EBC at 1. Don't put race mode off too long as you will end up there anyway. When you do you will leave it there.

My 1st race mode was a revelation as I think my sport mode may have had lesser hp set. I changed it whilst out on a ride and that was the moment I thought 'holy fucking shit batman'. Its been there ever since.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Screenshot_20190427-123150.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Is this the spacer kit you are talking about... Just had my 1299 track bike delivered and I'm used to a quick action cable throttle with zero free play!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. These are a 100% MUST fit. The slackness, imo, causes stalling. Cheap mod.

17. Just make sure you do not buy spacers manufactured on a 3D printer as some people sell - they can and have collapsed and stuck throttles open :eyes:

18. I can only find a US supplier... Can they be sourced from the UK. I have a few track days in May and would like them ASAP!

19. I think @nelly stocks them (Cornerspeed Ducati) :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information