1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Finally Got To Ride Her...

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by bettes, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Haha, can't stretch the budget that far... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Nice thought though!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Got some cycle cat rearsets the other day. Started to clean them up and test fit them today. Very impressed with the range of adjustability. Most rearsets don't let you move the footrests any further backwards or downwards but these do.

IMG_1819.JPG IMG_1820.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  4. Another little job done and dusted. Couldn't get the heel guard and exhaust heat shield right. They have always overlapped so had to move the rearsets out. Sorted this by fitting some ncr frame plate hangers and rs heel guards.
    IMG_1822.JPG IMG_1825.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nice.
    I think the gear lever may need adjustment mate.

6. I noticed it looked low but is in about the right position. It's because the pegs are about an inch lower and further back.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Will they make you go faster than 35mph? ;)

8. Doubt it. You going more than 35 might help! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I go faster than that in neutral:)

10. Old twinkle toes :D

maxresdefault.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. New ride height rod and Ti clutch cover de burred and polished.

IMG_1896.JPG

IMG_1897.JPG

• Like Like x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Looking even more stunning, Ian. Love that Ti clutch cover, which organ/child did you sell for it?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Like that ride-height adjuster....Better than the oem piece o' crap!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hi pete. Got an excellent deal on the Ti clutch cover. It's a DP prototype which never made it to production. It was a bit roughly finished but de blurred it and it's come out ok.

15. Haha, yes mate. Been after one for ages and got this brand new NCR one for less than half price.
    These are about 3 or 4mm shorter in length compared to the corse dynamics one so hopefully I can get the ride height to under 250mm.
    Hoping to get it to about 230mm then start messing with it from there.

#217 bettes, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  16. IMG_1903.JPG IMG_1906.JPG Couple more bits done today. Got the DP indicators fitted. Thanks to Steve knowles and @chrisw !

Ever since fitting the new higher top yoke, I've never been able to get rid of the kinks in the brake and clutch lines caused by the tight curves. Ordered a couple of 6mm compression springs and fitted them into the tubes where the kinks were. Job jobbed.

IMG_1907.JPG
    IMG_1908.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  17. Nice work Ian, looking forward to seeing it when we manage to meet up again ;)

18. Hopefully soon, Ben. Might be heading down to Matlock tomorrow if the weather's decent. Fancy popping down?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information