1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Finally Got To Ride Her...

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by bettes, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Haha, couldn't agree more. How come they had something so simple that was so easy then decided to make taking fairings on newer bikes a marathon of a job?
    Took the fairing off this evening to fit the optimate connector.

2. I have read up on this mod somewhere. I'm sure it's ok on the std stand but seems like it leans way too much.

3. Lean angle is better, stand has a bigger foot print and it looks much stronger. For £50 why risk it? And I personally think black looks better. I just stuck the original in a draw and can swap it back in 20 minutes if I ever sell it (I won't). Even the bracket is the same so it's just the kickstand.

4. That's good to hear. How much longer are the 1098 stands? About 10mm ish?

Thanks

5. Nice bike what tyres are you looking at ?

6. No idea, can measure tomorrow for you.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Super corsas I think. £260 fitted in Leeds. How does that sound price wise?
    Pilots for £141 fitted. Couldn't believe how cheap they were. That's from motorcycle tires in Leeds. ChrisW told me about them.

8. What are you using?

9. I fitted M7-RR s this year and I do have to say they ,warm up quicker & give more feel than the PP3 s I had before but the biggest improvement was the turn in speed as you have found out she's a bit slow getting on her side but these tyres will cure that problem they really do work

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wait til you have to take the shock out, or tank, or anything else really. 5 minute job.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I was thinking about that yesterday, Paul. I made an 2 A frames with a 20mm diameter bar at the top which went through the top frame hole on the 848. Can't do the same for the 998.
    What's the best way to pull the shock on these? Jack stands under the pegs? I had thought about also because I was thinking about knocking out the swing arm pivot to re grease & the hub as well. I'm fitting an afam rear sprocket carrier so thought I might as well tackle all these bits in an afternoon.

12. Yes, or a bar with two workmates or similar trellis either side thru the subframe or off the ceiling. Been a fair few years, but dint think younhave tinremove anything else: wheel, exhaust, tiebar. Just come out. Like a race bike should :)

But been a while...lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Good call, they are known to seize in

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Thank you for the music :smile:

15. No good for a swingarm bolt removal

16. Skylift?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Cheaper and easier to get two builders trellis's and a bit of bar :)

18. I get a bar just looking at mine.

Craig

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information