1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Finally Got To Ride Her...

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by bettes, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Pipes back on. Rear hub stripped, cleaned, re greased and back on. Swing arm pivot removed, greased and back on. Shock and ride height rod out, cleaned and back on. Found a spare hole to the rear of the engine casing ideal for the stand. Very pleased with the results and little time it took.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Nice, what you clean them up with?
    Think the chain may need a little oil.
    Get a front sprocket cover, the OEM plastic looks cheap (IMO).

3. Cleaned it carefully with a mild solvent I use at work and a few rags. Hope the chain doesn't need oil mate. It's brand new. :grinning: The white grease on it from new makes it look odd in the photo. Not too sure about changing all these bits. I was planning on keeping it standard ish but with all the polished bits on it now maybe a bit of carbon fibre to break it up a bit. We'll see.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. Chain looks rusty as hell in the pictures. Maybe it is my phone/old eyes/wine.

Doing a cracking job.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. Sorry mate. Were you referring to the pipes? With the manifolds which were really rusty, I used a palm sized orbital sander with Scottish brite. (Works a treat and saves a couple of hours) . wet & dry. 240, 400, 800, 1000, 1200 then autosol. Next time I do them, I'll just use soap.

6. No, chain, must be just the picture. Pipes look great. Definitely getting a grinder/polisher for Xmas.

I got a matching sprocket cover to the clutch cover, just didn't like the OEM. Like you, trying to keep it pretty standard.

7. Just get a small orbital sander from b&q for example. Only about £30. Rest by hand or drill.

• Like Like x 1
  8. A bit more TLC tonight. I had to go into work anyway so spent an hour fitting the corse dynamics ride height adjuster and carbon swing arm cover. It's a ms production one I picked up for nowt as it came off a crashed bike and the L/H side rear set put a hole in it. Not noticeable when on.
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  9. ^Bugger! I'm aster one of those! :Banghead:

10. The cover or the adjuster? I got the adjuster from @cookster and the cover from a bloke just up the road from where I live in Halifax. He has a shed load of stuff kicking about. Frames with V5s, complete engines, clocks, headlights brand new ecu's. Couldn't believe how much stuff he has. :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. hi mate did you have a look at that battery tray??

12. Working on it, mate. Have an easy week at work lined up so I'll have a better look.

13. cool mate no worries

14. MOSFET R/R fitted today. With the original I was getting 13.8V & now getting 14.3. :)
    12.8V across terminals with ignition off.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  15. And just about finished. Picked up the monoposto seat unit from the painters this morning. :)

image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  16. Looking good matey.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yep, nearly as nice as my Yellow one :Wideyed:

18. Very nice. Front sprocket cover looking good.[emoji106]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Will it make you go over 50mph now :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. No! Not following a scrambler! :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information