1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Finally Got To Ride Her...

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by bettes, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Exactly. You can't keep up when I'm on that never mind the pani :D

2. Lovely job , she would look good with black wheels

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I think it would mate. :upyeah:

4. And the work continues...
    Fuel filter changed and while at it, a CF air box.
    Thanks again, Clive. :upyeah:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  5. No problemo, looks mint :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Was that cookie's airbox?

7. No mate. Bought it off a bloke in hull. Italia moto or something.
    I think @Tobytyke got cookie's.

8. Looks jolly lovely...:pompus:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Looks great, what seat pad or foam is that? I like the carbon swing arm cover too!

Craig

1-ducati 005.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hi Craig. Thanks for the comments...
    Seat is a tecnosel job. Got a good deal on a new one from a bloke down London, Rosso corse. The swing arm cover is an MS production one I got cheap because the bloke who had it before, binned his 916 and the rear set holed the cover. Fixed it with some resin, re lacquered it and it's difficult to notice where the hole is.
    I got the Harris rear sets off the same bloke's 916. One was a slightly bent. I just put it in a vice and twated it back in line then re painted it.

Done much with your 998 recently? I suppose not as you'll be out and about on it with all your decent weather. :)

11. 005.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

12. I got hold of a 1098 side stand but upon attempting the swap I got scared about the strength of the spring and how I would get the swap done, so I stalled. Advice would be appreciated.

Craig

13. I just swapped the stand on it's own. Kept the original spring and bracket.

Like the your reg number!

Ian

14. Hi guys.. Are the stands prone to snapping :grimacing:

15. No Andy. Only swapped from the 748/988 range to the 848 ones. Just for the lean angle.
    Use the money for a superpole seat! :)

16. Panic over... Yeah the lean angle is pretty hectic.

17. Stunning looking 998 btw :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Hi, only just returned to the forum after a long absence. Basically my first question relates to the 1098 side stand mod. Being quite short in the leg, I've often found trying to get the side stand down can be quite tricky, sometimes taking several attempts to succeed. Is it a straight swap from the old to the new, ie simply unbolting the existing and replacing with the new?....secondly what sort of polish have you used on the heat shield/exhaust?....my heat shield at present is a dull silver finish as opposed to the lovely finish on yours!........many thanks

19. I bought a kit for a drill from here, came up like a mirror.
    Polishing kits | Metal Polishing kits | Polishing kit

848/1098 side stand bolts straight on. I bought with the bracket too which makes it really easy as only 2 bolts.

20. With the heat shield, I just used wet and dry upto about 1500 grit then autosol. With the exhausts, Scottish brite on an orbital sander then wet and dry and autosol. Doesn't take long if you use the Scottish brite to take the rust off first.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information