1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Fire

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Dremmel, May 7, 2019.

1. That looks great mate.:upyeah: Let me see the spray painter early next week to see if mine can be rescued and I 'll get straight back to you.

Went and had a closer look tonight and took a couple of photo's of the damage. It's not pretty but not the end of the world as I felt whist it was cooking.

The Mrs made me go to the Dr today as in a couple of places my gloves melted onto my hands a I did my "rescue the tank at all costs" act while there were still flames about. I know how stupid that sounds, but logic wasn't playing a big role in my mind at the time.

Anyway, after a bit of work it looks all good so pleased about that.

Fuel line split was definitely the culprit.

Fire 1.jpg Fire 2.jpg Fire 3 Tank.jpg

2. Bless you it could have been much worse thankfully not

Love how this forum comes together in times of need :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Looks like the curse of the original brittle plastic fuel hose fittings. A good time to replace them with the metal ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Managed to fit Radiator guards as an offer of reconciliation with the old girl - and I didn't even set her on fire :astonished:
    IMG20190510163721.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Did the decals turn up mate?

Hope there wasn’t too much damage to the loom, but that might be a perfect time to renew the 20 year old wiring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. On the sunny side of the street, got my Marchesini rims back from the powder coaters today, then straight to the tyre shop for some supercorsa SP's.

The photo won't do them justice but gives some idea.

IMG_20190514_184610.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information