1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firearm/shotgun Licence

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by yev, Aug 9, 2020.

1. How many deaths/injuries to be classed as a ‘Mass Shooting’?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. There needs to be four or more people shot. It would be triple that or higher if it was just two or three individuals shot.

People murder for many reasons, but most of these nutters decide not to just kill the partner or family member but the entire opposition. We need to be frank & allow more americans to have guns because once they peak killing each other. The world will be a safer place'
    [​IMG]

#42 GunZenBomZ, Aug 10, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. How do you recall every driving offence over the last 35 years!.....
    This is me...
    [​IMG]

4. Handguns are allowed under sec 7.1 & 7.3 of the firearms act. They must be kept at a designated Heritage site and cannot be taken home if they are of a modern calibre (sec 7.3) & you shoot them at the club. Sec 7.1 pistols are allowed to be taken home but must be kept in a gun safe & be of an 'obsolete calibre' to comply with the rules.

Getting a licence for these pistols however is another story.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. If you can find one open.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Good point, do you need a gun for online banking robbery :thinkingface::D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Yes, you can offer to sell them to enterprising scrotes and just keep the money and the gun when they buy it. They aren’t likely to complain to the Police about being ripped off, given the nature of the purchase.

They may have “friends” though, so the gun could again prove useful for personal protection.

Don’t blame me if you try this and it goes all Pete Tong. I haven’t seen you, remember!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. And yet. I am safe here.
    Truly, not only do I "Feel" safe... But numbers show that I am safe where I live and travel.
    Hmmm

No matter how you slice it there will be more here. We are all free (here) to make the decision as to whether or not to take the burden on. I grew up in NY, but would not live there now because of A) way too left overall B) gun restrictions.
    They generally both go together.

A better way to look at it is below. The numbers are Still not perfect (Most owners do not report, or report lower than they own so that they are not targeted, but you can at least change how the numbers are sorted.
    On both Gunz link, and the one below they at least tell you that many of what are considered murders are suicides.
    Remember, other suicides are counted as suicide, not murders... Funny that.
    Anyway, if you sort on guns per 100,000 people it looks a little better for us. As it states

"Homicide figures may include justifiable homicides along with criminal homicides,"

So they are counting when I shoot a criminal dead when he tries to murder or rape my family. If they did not we would not be #1 (Poor us)
    BUT
    If you ran these numbers against the amount of guns... Then we would be way down the list as we have WAY WAY WAY more guns than anyone else. and so few actually hurt anyone.

Again, you find it incredulous that we have so many...
    And we find it incredulous that You dont have a way to truly defend yourself, especially from the tyranny that can come from government (If it does) We really feel that. I mean even the anti gun people still have more of a rebel streak and will fight for their freedoms more than most of you.

The US is not considered the Nanny state.

Live Free Or Die

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Section 58 I believe now allows you to own a fire arm deemed as obsolete with no licence or security. A number of the guns that come in from America can be imported this way and used in crimes when a the rounds are manufactured.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Hmmm, perhaps I should use an alias, is Wayne King available :thinkingface::bucktooth::D

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Think Wayne Kerr is still there or Andrew Anchor :thinkingface:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Nah.....hes fecked off to Spain hasnt he ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. How about Prince Andrew - that's along the same lines surely :D

15. Trump? Yeah right. Gun sales rocketed when the limp wristed Obama was at the wheel. Fact.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information