1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Big Boy Bike For Socal Noob

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by tboooe, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Better fun than a panigale :) brilliant bike, enjoy

2. Welcome fellow noob. Which Ducati do you have? When you say you are having startup issues what do you mean. After I got my bike delivered on Xmas eve, I tried to start it on the 26th and nothing. I put the battery on a trickle charger and I was able to get it started a few hours later but it just barely charges. On my first 5 mile ride the check engine light was on the entire time. After leaving it on trickle for a few days I went out again and this time the engine light did not turn on. However, even with a fully charged battery it struggles to start my bike. I understand it takes a lot of cold cranking amps to start these V twins so I am going to invest in a lithium battery. Anyway, just thought I would share my experience as it sounds a bit similar to yours.

Definite recalibration needed. This engine is so lumpy that at first I thought something was wrong with the bike. With my blueprinted RVF400, the engine felt so buttery smooth and slick. The 848 feels like its a bit out of balance. Another thing I noticed is the massive engine braking. Riding around town I literally only need to apply my brakes the last few meters to come to a complete stop, downshifting takes care of most of the braking. On the upside, the bottom end torque is quite good, so good in fact that when making a right hand turn from a complete when I first got my bike, I accelerated so fast that I unexpectedly ran a bit wide and almost crashed into the center median. I had to quickly apply a bit more lean angle to make it!

I've never ridden any other Ducati but I got this model specifically because I wanted a V twin. At least to me, that engine configuration truly reflects the Ducati tradition. I've ridden a V4 for the past 20+ years! That being said, I am sure the Panigale is an amazing bike!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oh yeah, that's why Ducati don't install working rear brakes :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. LOL! Glad you told me that! I actually tend to use my rear brakes a lot and I was thinking that perhaps I needed to bleed the lines or something! Good thing, the massive engine braking and the Brembo monoblocks!

5. Mine is ok but I believe almost all the superbike variants are pretty useless, Multi's suffer from a requirement for regular bleeding so try that so you know what you are dealing with initially :upyeah:

6. Looks good :) Can i spy a foggy rep in the background as well ?

7. yeah man this dealer had so many limited edition and special versions laying around. The dealer is located in a rather affluent area where people have more money than sense!

8. Hello and welcome

9. Hi and welcome to the Ducati forum

Do Not Sell My Personal Information