1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Bike? Don't Laugh

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by bert jones, May 31, 2021.

1. I rode a KTM 690 Duke a few years back and it was good fun, but the styling just doesn't do it for me.

2. I suppose I want a light, powerful, comfortable, beautiful bike with sports bike performance, amazing soundtrack, Italian flair and in red. I think this bike will realistically exist in 10 to 15 years though!

3. Sounds like an aprilia.
    Lolololo

4. Welcome Bert
    I am 32 inch inside leg and have a Multi 950. I am on the balls of my feet but it is manageable. I have a Muti 1200 and that was lower, due to the smaller 17 inch front wheel I could get both feet flat on the floor. Good luck with the search.

5. Thanks, how does the multi 950 compare to the 1200? In terms of power, weight to you? It seems roughly the same weight but makes less power.

The wheel size raises a lot of interesting point as I believe a 17 inch front wheel will be used on the newly spied multi v4s spotted this week. Is it a rule that a 17' front Tyre will lower seat height by 2' when compared to a 19'?

Also the multi v4s paint scheme is not quite to my liking, the multi 950 with total red is much better in my opinion.

6. Also may I ask what made you change to the multi 950 from the 1200?

7. Hi Bert
    The 950 is a bit lighter, Yes it has less power (but more power than my old 916!) To be honest it has not bothered me. It does everything I want it to. It is plenty fast enough and great fun. I think it has a smoother engine too. Why did I change from a 1200? I had a 2017 DVT. It was a great bike, however the main bearings failed in the engine. It cost me a fortune to get fixed and I lost confidence in it. I originally wanted a 950 and only bought it as it came up at the same price as a 950. Lesson learned! I have not missed the 17 inch wheel. The 950 is just as nimble and great stability in corners.

8. as quick as a 749 around Spa.I know because I ended up having a play with one and I couldn’t pass him

Do Not Sell My Personal Information