1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Ducati- Multistrada D’air

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by madasadad, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Hi all, I’d posted a week or 2 ago asking impressions on a Multistrada, thanks to all who commented and went ahead and purchased. It’s a July 16 1200s touring d’air with 3600 miles. I also have a Dainese Street jacket that came as part of the deal.
    Did 100 odd miles yesterday and absolutely love it! Having hooned about in my younger day when you could ride 250’s on L plates, I’d a considerable break and when my son announced at 17 he wanted a bike instead of a car, I decided to get back into biking too and did my test. That was 3 yrs ago and since then I’ve had a 650 Gladius, 650 v strom, 2013 z1000sx and a 2017 z1000sx, which I traded for the Multi. A lot of history in a short time, Gladius- uncomfortable, v strom- brilliant needed more poke!, 2013 sx- loads of poke, gf wouldn’t get on it, grab rails too low, 2017 sx- fantastic bike, did 6500 miles last year, loads of touring, seat uncomfortable, loads of creamy power, but 20 mins in and left hand goes numb and 45 mins in, pains in left knee. This leads me to the Multi! I’d test ridden it and the s1000xr just before buying the SX but couldn’t justify the cost so went for the SX. Went back to Millsport in Ballymoney just for a dander 2 weeks ago and well....... the rest is history! I’m 5’6 and have a pair of Daytona m star boots and am able to manage the height ok with the seat on lowest setting, even in touring and sport mode. I’ve a low seat ordered, but am not sure I’ll need it, so rather than pay 30% restocking fees, I may offer it for sale here. Anyway, thanks for having me and am looking forward to learning and contributing to the forum.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Welcome along mate.....Pics or didn't happen though !! :D

3. Good point, well made lol

9698B181-BC6F-4E60-ACAF-B4ADAD19F18D.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  4. If you can don't bother with the low seat I bought one for my DVT there uncomfortable and get extremely hot I just use the STD seat on the lowest position
    I can loan you a low seat to try

5. Looking good.... welcome. Ducati people are passionate, and the multistrada is an amazing bike. Enjoyyy

6. Ride safe'

7. Welcome and enjoy

8. Welcome Dave

9. Hello & Welcome

10. Hello and welcome ,great looking bike

11. Hello and welcome ,great looking bike

12. Thanks for your generous welcome!
    Id need to have the bike in Urban nearly every tinme i stop when using ordinary boots and not my daytona m stars . I was thinking of the low seat with my Airhawk seat pad that would get over the potential comfort issue while giving me the extra reach

13. I use the low seat on both my DVT's - have done over 10,000 miles

Seat is comfortable for about 120 to 140 miles before I need to get off and rest my butt.

The extra inch helps...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information