1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Ever Track Day - Exhaust Noise

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by The Pearl - Paul, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Get/Take baffles!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Thanks for this!

3. Seems like I need it 100%, thanks

4. Thank you!

5. Good advice, I will ride there this weekend if the weather is alright and try it thanks!

6. Do they have a TD this weekend?

7. Just being honest! I ride it on the streets a lot, but never been on track with the bike (it was like in the photo when I bought it) just made it road legal - not afraid to take it on track as I know the bike, also I know I will take it easy and learn rather then just go and bin it

Hence I'm asking for advice

Btw, I know I will be a sitting duck and people might laugh at me judging the bike and me as a rider on track

If i'm on the streets then they wouldn't laugh that much, but like I said - I am aware that is a different ball game there and I'm willing to shut up and listen and learn

All the advice is welcome!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mate I am not for one minute one of those dicks that looks down at people at track, I'm barely in inters which means I'm probably the worst kind of rider there.
    But trust me someone with that kind of exhaust on that bike asking if it would pass scrutineering is honestly a bit bait.
    Lovely bike, make sure you insure him for the day, fucking rogue Brands Novice.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sure you don't want to buy a cheap track bike to learn on?

• Like Like x 1
  10. I hope I didn't offend as I never meant that and I wasn't refering to you when I said I will be a target, as some people r acting like this in general

If by insure him for the day you're refering to insure the bike, I made sure I got that already covered

Now since you're inter now, any advice for a first time?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Don’t worry about anyone else or indeed what anyone else thinks. Turn up and enjoy your day dude :)

relax. Stay hydrated. Seek instruction. Be smooth. Work up to your pace, let it come to you.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  12. I have an 848evo but ... I bought the 1199r to ride it, I want to ride it because I'll get to know the bike better, I can't really explain the feeling if I'm honest

• Like Like x 3
  13. Well if he's insured then your sorted.
    Get over to the instructors garage and get some learning in. Contrary to popular belief they're there to instruct and not just ham it up for free all day. Get instruction and be a sponge.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. When are you planning on going?
    I am possibly going 26th March for a sneaky early season warm up.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Going on 29th of feb, hoping for the good weather

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Like a cheap Honda?? :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Well said that man.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. I was looking to do that - I think is a great thing that can make you improve and see what I'm doing wrong and try to rectify

Do they adjust suspension based on the way you ride?

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information