1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Ever Track Day - Exhaust Noise

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by The Pearl - Paul, Feb 4, 2020.

1. No limits do free instructing.

My advice would be:
    Remove mirrors.
    Don't look at the speedo.
    Go speak to and listen to the tyre guy.
    If you don't have warmers, let the tyres warm up each session.

Apart from that just have fun and try not to see the red mist when you get overtaken.

Is there any option to use a slightly more road orientated tyres than SC's in February?

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Same garage but different geezer, 60 quid usually. Obv this'll be just a wet setting in Feb mate. They'll give you some presumed data for the dry but next time you see em they should follow it up and confirm it after a dry session.

• Like Like x 1
  3. :innocent:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. There will probably be a suspension guy There,, can you adjust the electronic suspension on the 1199r??

5. Thank you, I'll try to take it all of this on board

• Like Like x 1
  6. It is electronic yes, but because I haven't played with it I would like someone that knows what he's doing to teach me a bit and to see why it needs to be on what set up

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mate can I just say I love a sick R but do you want to just take your 848 and some wets. Get a hire van and bring both.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Don't know but I can shoot off till there, only 30 40 mins away from me, better than a ride in the city anyway

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. It's not a bad shout at all, cheers for this

• Like Like x 1
  10. There is one on 23rd
    Screenshot_20200204-214020.png

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. If it’s a date I’m around I live within 15 mins of brands and would be happy to come up

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Thanks, I'll have a good read at this till I hit the track

13. Looks like it's 23rd because on 29th is the day of my track day, if you wanna join - I'll buy a cuppa for you ✌

14. From experience I would suggest to fit a set of good sports tyres for this time of year. Bridgestone S22, Metzeler M7RR or Michelin Power 5. These will warm up much quicker that Supercorsa SP's and will be more reliable in cold, possibly damp conditions. They also still have really good grip when it does warm up. I have a set of Michelin Power 5's on my 1199 and find them excellent. Although they are new on the market they are the new version of the Michelin Power RS, another great sports tyre I have used on track days last year. I am an average Inters group rider so faster riders than me my find these tyres lacking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. I’ll have just got back from Spain testing but I may be able to drop bye!

• Like Like x 1
  16. After a couple of days of novice sessions at Brands I earned an appreciation for the aviation term used by commercial fix winged pilots - 'bandit country' for airspace below 10'000ft (obviously depending on airspace clasification) ... You just can't predict what everyone around you is going to do next .... which kind of makes it more exciting. Although I did witness a chap get forced out into the gravel on clearways on his pristine 1299 during the final session :-(

Didn't put me off going again ..... great fun!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Inters is worse in my opinion haha

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Last time there I was studying the inters wondering if I could make the step-up without being too much of a liability. The inters appeared intent on taking themselves out. So I need a change of mindset, a van (to get the bike home), some spare panels, and a crate of red bull before I join that circus. But it does look like great fun!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

19. As with any day it all varies doesn’t it. But on the whole id say the pace/talent/experience whatever you want to call it, disparity is the largest in inters.

makes for entertaining viewing haha

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information