1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 First Experience Out On The 1098

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Neil Bailey, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Depends if, like, his parents are American;)
    at least someone got it ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. I patrol the local streets waiting for kids to say it, have a well trained ear!

While we are at it, can the 'Like' post button be changed to 'Approve of' ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah like! I like agree with like Pavey.

• Love You Love You x 1
  4. Hi Symon,

Your more than welcome mate. Getting help, pointers and advice is what this forum is all about ;) I'm by no means as knowledgeable as half the folks on here but do like to chip in where I can and help others out :)

Just to clarify, I neither have found the bike to be uncomfortable at all. The pain I refer to is the 20-30-40mph pootling on the bike pain when the bike is standard, low speed turns in villages were bordering on dangerous when I first got my 1198, the worst corner being in the village I live in where I used to have to coast round with clutch in at 15mph as if I didn't the bike would 'chug and splutter' mid corner which would result in me having to tickle the throttle to settle the bike and run wide on the corner to avoid having to sit the bike up and go straight on or the bike stalling mid corner...

As mentioned above, it still isn't perfect following going down a tooth on the front but its now not bordering on being dangerous in these situations :) Mine will be getting remapped also when going in for its service at the back end of the year which will hopefully improve things further ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Another great area for improvement from standard trim is upgrading to a Superpole seat. I haven't heard of anyone who doesn't find the standard seat slippery enough for you to slide on it when pressing on...

The Superpole seat eliminates this totally and if your tall like me, also has the added bonus of raising the seat height by an inch ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. agreed -its like the harbinger of doom for our perfectly adequate language .drop the like you lot ,we don't like.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Don't forget upward inflection at the end of sentences as if asking a question when making a statement. And literally, everything is literally, it's as if we have lost the ability to have normal, non sensationalist conversation any more.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Incorrect use of the word 'like'. What is the world coming to?! No bins, sidestands down when on paddock stands and now butchery of our native language :sob:

9. Another annoying trend these days is people who start a reply by saying "So"....

The only reply that should be allowed to start with "So" is....

... So F***ing what! ...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Guilty...I use as a stopper to others when I'm trying to move a conversation on ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Soooooooooo like what do you think of the mirrors ?

12. Totally pointless. Of no earthly use to man or beast!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Lol been away for a while! And come back to some proper roasting! Love it.
    Nope parents are not from the US! Pure working class British.

Now i have the rules nailed. Next time i promise a wheelie bin.. Green, Black or Blue we seem to have an array of the f*****s nowadays.

And the stand, yes acknowledged as the bike sits on the paddock stand i make a conscious effort to kick the side stand up now :)

On another note used the bike to make my commute into work, traffic stop start for 2 miles. Is hard work filtering, however it just seems to be getting easier the more you get used to the bike and its quirks the more you bend to accommodate it.
    To ride once above 60MPH it is just a buzz! By far the best bike i have ever had the pleasure of riding, I found you gotta watch the rapid twist of the the throttle in 2nd gear as it shoots you skyward! Brilliant.

Now sitting all naked in the garage (bike not me by the way) as i await some nice replacement panels to be painted which one of the boys on here sold me.

Then it will be back to its immaculate glory just in time for this shit weather to piss off again.

On another note anyone off to BSB at Brands this weekend, may take a ride down Sunday. And looking to get to Thruxton 6th August if anyone fancies meeting up along the way.

• Like Like x 1
  14. So like where are the punctuation marks then cos if you ain't got none it's hard like to read like and its like so annoyin to a edumacated person like and teknikerly not crect innit like

• Crap Crap x 1
  15. Nice to meet you today at the Super Sausage cafe, very clean bike!!

16. So I am thinking about a 1098S or ab 1198S, i have heard the 1198 is a bit of beast, is that your experience?

17. Peter same mate was good to meet you. And thanks, Owning these bikes I think you have to do them justice and keep them mint. Had a good ride out on it today put in a good 200 miles and loved every one of them.

I went for the 1098 for just pure originality and the fact i could not find an S which was as well looked after as the 1098 i purchased for near the same money. I know the S has all the Ohlins and lighter wheels, Termi etc. However i now have the stock suspension set up and i can feel the difference and am not looking to track it so felt i did not need different suspension. The termis come with it as did the ECU and air filter so all in all i am very happy.

Not sure about the 1198 but more power! possibly improvements i would imagine on all the flaws of the 1098 i would imagine..

18. The one tooth down on the front is a good and very cheap mod sprocket is about £15 if memory serves me right.
    I have gone bigger on the rear sprocket same results just a bit dearer.
    Most Ducati's pre panigale are lumpy below 45mph so your constantly shifting between 1st and 2nd gear, that can be a real ball ache if the clutch is stiff, getting an after market slave can be helpful bigger piston 29/30mm are the offerings. I tend to feather the clutch sometimes but this can result in a grinding noise which means the clutch plate stack height is slightly on the thicker side.
    @Paul600 SS the 1198 is only as brutal as the right hand on the the throttle, you're the one in control, I have the 1198 currently stock I personally I don't think it's brutal, its bloody savage but I love it probably because I lost my marbles years ago.
    At 70mph in 2nd twist that grip and it will launch you skyward, who the hell needs red bull when you own a big Ducati :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. I am uncool, always leave the side stand down when on paddock stand(s) - it's one less thing to think about when you put the bike back on its tyres, I like easy.

20. Thanks I have a BMW K1300S so know what you mean about the throttle, i suspect the 1198 is even more awesome than the BMW, and a lot lighter and shorter. I just want one tbh...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information