1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Gig You Went To

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Alan williams, Apr 2, 2019.

1. To me the venue has a lot to do with the gig experience. I remember being told to sit down at a Who gig by the family behind me, so I thought I’d do better than that and go and join the crowd who were standing at ground level, only to be told I didn’t have the correct ticket to stand!
    Smaller venues are far more intimate

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. UFO - Queens Hall in Leeds

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thin Lizzy 1979 at Newcastle city hall, when Gary Moore was playing with them.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mötley Crüe, Sheffield City Hall, Feb 13 1986. Support was Cheap Trick. 116th (of 128) show of the Theatre of Pain tour. Mötley Crüe’s first European headlining shows.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Madonna at Leeds

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ted Nugent with Golden Earring as warm up. Back when tickets were $7 for General Admission at a local concert hall.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Motörhead on their Bomber tour at the Malvern Winter Gardens, supported by Saxon. Few weeks later went to see the Stranglers and the Buzzcocks in a famous punk pub in Brum.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yeah I was there too, although I'll have to take your word for it on the exact date. Was (and still am) a big fan of 'em both so a cracking line up.

First gig for me was same venue a year or two earlier......Dio on the Last in Line tour with Queensryche opening for them. A good start to gig going

• Like Like x 1
  9. Adam and the Ants. Circa 1979, Bournemouth. Quickly followed by UFO and Judas Priest at Newcastle City Hall.
    My fave bands were Rush and Black Sabbath but I could never get tickets. Also liked all the usual stuff from that time- Stranglers, Clash, Pistols, Damned etc...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cocteau Twins, London.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Secret Affair/Chords/Lambrettas or The Troggs. Cant remember. The Jam was not long after (twice). All around 80-82ish. So Squire could be in there too. Saw lots of acts in 100 club i cant remember, even some jazz ffs.

• Like Like x 1
  12. [​IMG]1968

• Like Like x 3
  13. Siouxsie and the Banshees when they broke up in Aberdeen, free concert of Siouxsie Sioux and Steve Severin supported by the then, little known, the Cure :upyeah:

• Like Like x 5
  14. Yep, that was the same in Cardiff. Half of the Cure stayed on stage as session “Banshees”.

15. Ptarmigan - Chichester Gala (or maybe the "Sloe-Fair), around 1977.

16. That was the cool bit - they did a rendition of the Lord's prayer for what seemed like half an hour to finish.

Did a great job of sorting out a clusterfuck, we should suggest them as consultants to HM Government perhaps?

17. Ian Dury and the Blockheads @ Hammersmith Odeon 1979

• Like Like x 4
  18. I agree completely. That's why I like The Picturedrome in Holmfirth and will go to as many gigs as I can there.

19. Christ, we're old fuckers on here... :laughing:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  20. The Animals at Battersea Tech.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information