1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 First Impressions,first 250 Miles

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Jdchristie, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Unable to adjust right hand mirror at all just looking at sky.left one ok.blurry below 4000 revs then they become clear.few false neutrals with quick shifter(probably operator error).seat not particularly comfy for me yet,hope beds in.
    Definately different from the 4 cylinders I’m used to.engine braking needs getting used to,rolling of throttle to early now and having to get on again.
    Fuel consumption better than I’m used to.Even with the upmap.
    Excellent bike can only get better once run in,can’t wait.

• Like Like x 2
  2. The thread on the right-hand side is opposite so that if struck it only undoes the stem/mount. Rather than breaks the mirror & mount just so you know. Bar weights, or even someones filled the handlebar tube with silicon can remove vibes, I went with end bar protectors (in my photo album). But plan to go with two-thirds filled with silicon also.

However when at pace, if your worried about been pegged by police. You either are planning your hoonage wrong or risking your license far too much. Even with 40k miles I occasionally get false gears, just be more foot assertive!

Airhawk seat/refoamed/touratech comfort seat plenty of options to go for less numb-bum.

#2 GunZenBomZ, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yes,found that out when went to move stem but even moving stem still can’t get mirror right,need to move glass but it won’t budge,have Touratech comfort on order as they doing offer on them just now half price

4. I had exactly the same issue with my RHS mirror, so, if you look at the front lower edge of the plastic surround you'll see a small plastic removable flap. Take this off and inside there is a stud and nut , slacken off the nut and the mirror will lower to allow vision behind as opposed to aircraft spotting :):)

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. You just have to be vicious with the mirror mounting frame, or take it to a dealer & let them adjust it.

6. This nut loosens the mirror from the ball mount but does not loosen pressure the ball mount itself.
    My RH mirror was almost impossible to move on delivery. I was able to spray a bit of spray lub and get it moving. Must firmly grasp with both hands and get it moving, too much pressure and it will likely break.

• Useful Useful x 2
  7. You learn something new every day!!!

Just been in the garage and adjusted my near side, perfect!

8. Many thanks,now sorted nut was done up really tight,they don’t make it easy do they.

9. Many thanks,now sorted nut was done up really tight,they don’t make it easy do they.

10. Fitted evotech bar weights today went for run not much difference on mirror vibes

11. Try to put some round O-rings of a mixer tap or similar, between the support and the mirror, and tighten just enough to give it some elasticity, you will gain about 30% vision in the vibrations of the mirrors, IT IS NOT A MIRACLE

Do Not Sell My Personal Information