1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 S First Look At My New 1200s

Discussion in 'Monster' started by GMAN, Mar 1, 2018.

1. hi guys, hopefully picking up my new bike tomorrow if the snow stops, this was just a sneak peak from last wend, collection video coming soon!

#1 GMAN, Mar 1, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  2. I really want one of those.

3. Nice.:upyeah:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Looks nice.

I've got a very similar combo... BMW M140 and a Monster 1200R delivered this week

5. Looks good. Lots of extras including the Termis. Saw your videos on youtube when you were testriding the 1200. Nice informative vids.

6. You'll love it. I got mine a few months back and in between the winter wind and rain I've managed to rack up a few hundred miles so 1st service in a couple of weeks. Are you aware of the current recall on these bikes right now? They need a modification to front brake callipers. Hopefully the dealer has sorted this prior to your collection but if your not aware, worth asking if its been done or can be done prior to you taking delivery mate ;-)

7. Recall is for front brake master cylinder. The floating piston sticks apparently.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yes you are correct squidger. Just read my letter again and its to do with potential fault with floating piston of front master cylinder which could fail if bike is used a lot on a race track environment where considerable stresses could be exerted.

9. Gotta take mine in to dealer but don't fancy getting wet so will wait till end of month ish.

10. Master cylinder piston is made of a plastic called PPS, which is a high grade engineering polymer. It’s is very stable under load but not so good when subjected to shock. The recall is down to a couple of failures in the USA on track Panigale bikes where heavy braking repeatedly triggers the abs which shocks the piston which resulted in cracked pistons. Replacement piston is aluminium

Mine goes in next week for the recall... in a van as the forecast is shit...

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information