1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 First Panigales V4 On The Road And 'plated'

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by mito22, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Andy,
    I hoping the dealer tells me the same as he did when I picked up the Aprilia.
    6K for the first 400
    7.5K for the next 200 and call it good.
    The second 1000 mile restriction won't work for me. Any word on the availability of your SP?

2. Currently November 2018 build so maybe January 2019 delivery :( but at least I’ve got the 1098R to play with :) Andy

3. That's a hell of a bike. All the best for the new year.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. What do they know?

5. Data logging is old hat. Been going on for years. Service regime yes, running in- nah, don't buy it. An engine with hot oil can be 'worked' And every brand new Doocardi has had it's engine spanked in a testing bay way before the end user gets hold of it.
    As for Ducati refusing warranty claims. That could get messy for them with legal.

6. Eh!? So it’s a 1600 mile run in procedure?

7. Maybe Ducati are purposefully heading back to the days of being regarded as highly strung, perhaps they like that idea for some reason.

I suppose it also gives them a fall back position if any make it on to the back of an AA recovery truck during the first few months from launch :)

8. I did, 1000+m high mountain road, smooth & twisty “dry” tarmac.....ideal for a run out :)

#28 Nigel Machin, Jan 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Iirc my Multi was 1600 miles running in procedure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Pretty sure my 1299 service manual was also 1600 miles.
    6k max for 600 miles
    Then 7k max for 1k miles.

So same as usual really, but doubt anyone will abide by it!

11. 1600 miles is what, 3 weekends? Doesn't hurt to stick to that, surely?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Until I can get my coccyx fixed, probably more like 5. Andy

13. The more I look at it, the more I think after fugley, that the bmw xr sport will be my next bike :D

14. That would be about 13 canyon runs (Sundays) for me, considering I alternate between 3 bikes already 1600 miles would take forever. Looks like boring highway miles are in my future. That or 600 and call it good :upyeah::beer:

15. Half throttle for the first few rides then balls out?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. For a majority of Ducati owners that could take years! ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  17. hi James, was there any difference in torque delivery ? great to hear the handling was on the button! looks like a great road to test a bike on!
    thanks, mike

18. Jafo, is their a dealer in Ireland yet or a decent independent shop? I'm toying with the idea of picking up a used bike to store over there.

19. JHP are having a special evening opening on Friday to showcase the new bike.

20. From what I'm hearing across the net so far the bike pulls like a train with use able power everywhere and handles like a 600. I always figured Ducati would get the motor close to the ape but it seems it may be a little better, its the handling that I'm happy about. So far so good. Cant wait.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information