1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 First Panigales V4 On The Road And 'plated'

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by mito22, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Here’s a review of the prototype, shame it was in the pissing rain.

2. Talk about labouring a point - don’t those boys waffle on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. By way of comparison. I pay £1000 with Ducati insurance for a D16 and an 821 hypermotard SP. Will be trying Bemoto. I’m 56 and live in North Norfolk.

4. Bloody hell, I felt I’d been bent over when I added the 1098R to my multi bike policy (Multistrada and 748R) and it went up to £340. Andy

5. It’s the value of the D16 that does it, plus not many insurers will even touch it. Hoping Bemoto can better DI

6. I have a 1299SL, a D16 and a 1098R. I’ve really tried to like the V4. I was disappointed when I saw the spy pic and I’m still disappointed now I’ve seen it in the flesh. It might be great to ride but it looks like a bag of shite. I’ll use the money I was going to spend on this to buy a 998R.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. or 2

• Like Like x 1
  8. I sold my 998R last year for around £18k, and it went to Australia

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hey Bradders, I have to say I bought my D16 for them. Having searched for months for a mint low mileage one and not finding what I wanted, they located one in Italy (where I live). It’s totally as new. Absolutely perfect, complete with everything that came when it was new, 57 miles on the clock and it was sub £50k.

They can be expensive but having visited them everything they sell is totally mint. I mean, the stuff is like new. Plus, they are great to deal with and will always do a deal after a bit of friendly negotiation.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Was at an Italian car and bike event in Italy in September (Castell’arquato) and there was a new, unregistered, unridden D16 for sale (still had protective film over dash). God knows what price it was up for.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  11. I’m sure they are. They couldn’t ask 50% over market value otherwise (30k for a 1098r with 3k mikes?!!)

12. I know the bike, it actually had 1400 miles on it and I know it sold for less. It was as new but yup, it was expensive. The thing is they sell all over the world and given some of the prices in Europe they are fairly competitive. Used bikes in the U.K. to what they go for in Italy are pretty cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OK folks. I have to tell you... only 55 miles in.. but this thing is brilliant !

• Like Like x 4
  14. Full report required with bins for Duckbird.

15. I’m new here, and the V4S is what’s prompted me to try owning a Ducati for the first time. It arrives some time in February and like most folks I have no real idea if it’s any good. You have my complete attention.

BTW Moto Rapido told me they just put their demo bike on the dyno and it was 202 horsepower at the tyre....Which is nice.

16. Pics?

17. OK, what stand-out for me so far - obviously very early days, running it in, cold roads, etc.
    The dynamic suspension works really well. At relatively normal speeds it's smooth, soaks up the bumps. Not the typical hard Ohlins experience. But as the pace picks up you can feel it gets firmed. Really impressed with that.
    The gearbox feels like it’s been made by a Swiss watch maker. up/down quick shifter works really well. It feels small, easy to turn. Smooth power delivery but not in a boring inline 4 way - feels like it has plenty of torque. The brakes are exactly as you expect.
    My previous bikes (1199s, 1198s corse) are the reference points for the comments above.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Looks aside which is dividing opinion, I'm sure its a fantastic bike to ride, that clip from MR on the dyno was impressive.

19. Fooking ell....I'll stick to 63

Do Not Sell My Personal Information