1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 First Purchase

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by bradders, Feb 23, 2021.

1. TTX shock turned up today, and throttle spacers (possibly most expensive it of plastic ever) on their way.

Physio Friday and see how fast I can sort my calf out so ready to roll soon as weather picks up. Tax it in March for essential shopping runs :upyeah:

• Like Like x 11
  2. Was always curious about these throttle spacers. On the road, the throttle play is noticeable round town etc, but on track never notice as you are either stopping or accelerating. Keen to know what people think of these for track riding and if there is actually a difference.

3. there are 100% better with the throttle spacers in

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. I don’t ride a Ducati, but my KTM can be snatchie but changing the modes cures it for me, no sense being in race mode for round town so I change it for rain mode. No need for spacers.

5. It was more the slop in the throttle uptake on the panigale’s than the fuelling dude :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. Ah ok, bad design then, thanks.:)

• Love You Love You x 1
  7. I’ve just fitted a set , only ran it up and down the back street so far, but I never really thought it was a problem before, just fitted them out of curiosity and because of all the positive reviews on t’internet.

All I can say at the minute is that it does feel different and I think it’s a better different if that makes sense, the next decent ride will tell for sure.
    Agreed, mega expensive for a couple of tiny bits of plastic, but I wanted to avoid the “ copy” ;) ones at all costs !

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Just a word of caution, a few of these have broken up resulting in throttles getting jammed (open) or being restricted / impaired,I was advised not to fit them ... so didn't .. don't want you injuring yourself ....

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. This is why I bought them :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. By the time I get on track I’ll be over my latest injury and due another o_O:joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. I considered using sugru to make my own. For about 30 secs then realised what could happen....:mask:

Sounds like may be one of those maintenance things worth checking for braking or signs of wear

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Mine did two seasons on the 959 and removed them before selling the bike. Zero ware or any kind of distortion. So fitted them on the V4 with zero issues. Still look like new even after another years use. Key is don’t buy the cheap copies! Sounds expensive considering what you get, But can definitely confirm it removes the horrible free play out the throttle tube making the riding experience more connected with smoother throttle inputs. Totally worth the bucks:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Hoping I’ve bought the right ones now!!! About £30

14. Spacers are silly money IMO, but worth fitting. I struggled initially with the snatchyness, some of this may have also been down to my inexperience with FBW.

15. I have to confess I don’t get/understand this ‘spacer’ issue. But there again I’ve never tried a bike with them fitted.

My old Scrambler Classic had a snatchy throttle. After a while I got used to it and then it didn’t.

My old 959 was snatchy when I went from ‘sport mode’ to ‘race mode’. Same thing......I got used to it. And I now ride my V2 in race mode all the time, whatever the conditions.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. sounds about right.... mine came from the states but had another pair a while ago off Nelly for my mates bike. Pretty sure they were both in the same kind of packaging, full fitting instructions and the torx bit to undo the housing! It’s a pretty simple job.

17. People get way confused with the application of these spacers.... They literally take the free play or lag out of the throttle before it will start building revs. It’s basically the free play that’s been designed to mimic the old school cable system. Generally nobody used to adjust throttle cables (one of my pet hates) so it basically felt like you had to twist the throttle a few degrees just to get the thing off idle. So once the spacers are fitted it totally eliminates that free play!

Snatchy throttle could just well be just down to fuelling setup, or even not being smooth with you throttle actions! Fitting the spacers make the process more direct leading to a smoother feeling. It’s the pulling away from standstill that makes the most difference.....

I’d take cable all day over all this fly by wire stuff..... and dare I say carbs too!!!!

A well set up bike with good carbs and well adjusted throttle...... Now that’s connected :astonished:

• Like Like x 1
  18. It’s also a tension feeling when you twist...or let’s say lack of tension

Don’t get me started ....

Anyone that’s been riding for a good few years will know.

some bike are so vague .... making it very disconnected

But let’s embrace the digital brilliance.......

19. Agreed, Dave. When I want the throttle to come on, or adjust the speed ready to exit a bend, nothing was happening for about 5 degrees of throttle turn. With the spacers, it I ask for 2 degrees of throttle, I get it. If someone doesn't feel an issue, don't buy them. For sho' they're an expensive, over-priced part, but if you don't like that throttle slop, it's a CHEAP improvement, and one of the best mods I have made.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. The actual travel distance to full throttle doesn’t seem that far either so no quick action needed :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information