1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 First Ride 999s

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Gabagool, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Very noice mate, even got the right model with the cast swingarm and better looking nose cone :upyeah:

2. That’s good to know mate thank you!

3. Got the bin :)

57B45B35-B803-4B0F-98AF-343A18EA2C61.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. nah, you've got that wrong old chap, I agree it is a very nice bike however and as a matter of fact the Mk II looks way way better than the mk I thanks to the shiny red main frame complemented by the black swing arm and black rear sub frame. The mk II swing arm on the gear lever side looks incredible, reminder of the braced arms used in 90's endurance bikes. Any 999 or 749 is a delight to see but the Mk II is the most beautiful of all

5. Tbh I never really looked at the mk2. Both look nice but bought this as an investment opportunity. I prefer my 899 looks to the 999 though. Just smaller and sleek design

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'd be sacking your fiscal advisor if you bought a motorbike as an investment!! As our generation begins to die off in numbers a lot of heirs will be keen to dump inherited crappy old motorbikes on to a flooded market and prices will tumble - you only win (or your heirs will only win) if you die soon whilst prices are artificually high. Buy a bike to enjoy!! Sorry to hear about your 899, put a bit of practise in and you should be ok to progress on to the 999!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Might have missed something but what did you hear about my 899? Not done too bad with the bikes I’ve bought in terms of making money on them. I’m also not sure about the ‘our generation’ - is that the older generation? :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information