1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 First Ride, Minor Trouble...clutch Lever

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Andy Slater 80, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Evening all,

Having had the first bit of decent weather since I bought the bike a few weeks ago so I took it for a test spin before a strip, inspection and tart up. First ride of a duke after 20 odd years of biking, made me grin like a Cheshire cat.
    Only trouble was 5 miles in the lever adjuster decided it didn't want to play anymore and jumped ship leaving me with no clutch. Nursed the bike home but I'm sure i'very read they didn't have the cam style adjuster as standard. Can anyone confirm/advise please?

2. Not sure I get your drift...did the clutch lever fall off?
    What year bike?
    Early 748’s didn’t have a cam adjuster on the lever.

3. Hi, Have you done basic checks like clutch fluid level? Can you see outer clutch plate movement when pulling clutch in? Any fluid leaking at Master or slave? Try bleeding system and see if air is expelled...

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'll double check, I put it away quickly and didn't really look as I was in a rush. It has cam adjusters on the clutch and brake and looks like the adjuster had dropped out. Lever was still there. I'm going to have a look at it so will report back.

5. Must have had aftermarket or later levers fitted.

6. take a picture of the problem and show us then people can help you:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. What year bike is it, mine is a 1998 and the standard levers have adjusters on although I have after-market ones on at the moment.
    Steve

8. Do the cam adjusters just bring the lever(s) in/out for hand 'spread' adjustment? and not between Master Cylinder piston and lever? So if the lever was coming back to the bar before piston movement, then less piston stroke, gives less clutch opening... Just a thought...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information