1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Ride On My Sfs.

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by baylissboy, May 28, 2018.

1. Well, after a long wait since picking up my new bike from @Robarano, it's been down at JHP having a full service, belts & fork overhaul, I finally took it out for a quick blast this morning.

Have to admit, after 35 years of riding sports/race replicas & race bikes, the riding position felt very alien for the first few miles, but I soon got used to it.

I only went for a quick blast as my Mrs had plans for me, involving her, the kids & a picnic, so I only covered about 65 miles, but I have to say, "I love it"!!

Ok, it's not got the mad pick up of the Bayliss & the brakes aren't as good, but what a great "fun" bike. The suspension is great, it's more than fast enough for a naked bike & with the Akrapovics on, it sounds awesome!!

I've added some touches to make it feel more like my bike, mainly extra carbon (still got some small pieces on back order from Fullsix), some alloy rear wheel & sprocket carrier nuts have been added & I'm waiting for a JHP engine plate to complement the JHP clutch cover, they are on back order too.

I can see me adding a fair few miles to it over many years, it was definitely worth the wait!!

• Like Like x 6
  2. As @Robarano never posted any pics of that bike, or any of his bikes to be fair, can you post a few @baylissboy ?

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. I will when it's finished....I bet you've no idea what it looks like!!! Lol

4. Good stuff Steve. I'm glad you are pleased with the old girl. :) :upyeah:

You definitely notice the power difference from a 1098R, but it's more than enough for the road and for a bike with no screen.

As above, I can't believe I never posted a pic. :innocent: Here you go. :grinning:

IMG_4692.JPG

#4 Robarano, May 28, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2018
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Sold you a pup did he? Naughty @Robarano !!

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Yes......it was hanging.......but a little love sorted it out!!! Lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steve,Great looking bike have many,many miles of fun:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. :)

georgecole4.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information