1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Ride On The Custard 888

Discussion in '851 / 888' started by wastegate, Aug 29, 2020.

1. There was a thread on here (or it may have been on the 851/888 forum) which said to put a piece of inner tube between the two halves of the ball joint. I haven't tried it yet but like Kevin I have to tighten up the mirrors on my SP3 at intervals. The other thing that helps a bit is to shorten the screw a bit with a file.

2. Mirror fixed, just used a reasonably fine emery cloth to take the shine off caused by being knocked out of line so many times. Cheers

If that wears I have some stuff made for cycle seat posts that wont stay up, sort of ground glass in a gel, will try that.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bargain compared to RC30s!! And the 888 SP models are pretty special in my opinion. I’ve been sat on my SP3 that I bought in 1992 watching the prices stay pretty flat, not that I could bring myself to sell it anyway.

4. SP5 owners normally make that claim... I prefer the white framed SP bikes, but I’m heavily biased

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Very easy to to straighten them out with some heat from a blowtorch.
    I've done it several times over the last 22 years of 851 ownership.

Steve R

• Like Like x 1
  6. I didn't realize they were steel until after I ordered a pair off stein dinse. WIll try and straighted it now anyway, sounds like a useful spare to have in the garage. Cheers.

7. Those bars look strangely "pulled back", is that how you like them ?

8. They are in the correct position to ensure the reservoirs and switches don't foul the tank or fairings. I think the slight fish eye of the camera might also not show them in the right position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Very nice, love them

10. Very Nice!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Gopro/action cameras all have fisheye lens which distort image

12. And a setting for turning that off! :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ah enjoyed that little ride :)

14. ;) nice bins could have been more prominent just saying :D

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information