1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Throttle First Ride Out

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Lostonweekends, Jul 23, 2018.

1. I've ordered the 1100 Sport. Delivery should be September.

• Like Like x 1
  2. You are going to love it.

Having spent the last week riding around Italy on fast, slow, fractured, gravel, hairpins, non existent roads with Panigales, XDiavels, Monsters, Streetfighters, Paul Smart and Multistradas I can honestly say (and the others in the group would confirm) that it’s the best all round road bike out there by a country mile.

This bike should be called the Multistrada not that pretender they have out there. :)

Ps. There again it could be the that it was the rider was the best out there ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Jack of Trades Motorcycles win everytime in the real World all day long:upyeah:Great to see you had a FAB journey and roll on the next one:upyeah:but can't help thinking were they being polite;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I just got back from a 120 mile ride this morning.... the 1100 is great... but I get buffeting from about 80 up - so it helps keep your licence too!

I have the aluminium screen on order (for 8 weeks) so hope that will help on the buffting... TBF I am a big guy - so a big front area for the wind.... the buffeting seems to be my jacket... but its all sealed up... so not sure what else I can do on that... hope the screen helps move the buffeting above the 100 mark... then it will be PERFECT.

I only have the poor mans version (do not like matt paint) but even the standard suspension when set is as good as my 800 with Ohlins and Andreani cartridges.

It really is a good bike.

Tyres are wearing quick... I only used to get 2700 miles out of the 800 (front and rear) looking like it will be less on this..

El T - how are your tyres looking after your trip?

5. I really didn't suffer with wind buffeting and I did take it up to 3 figures on the motorway :) But there again I'm from "the Shire" :)

Tyres are good. No worse than if I'd done 1800 miles on UK roads. :)

It just needs a blumming good clean now as it was a tad grubby given the roads ridden............but I've got my man @rob lewis on the case when it comes back :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. How are the tyres holding up wear wise.... was what I meant... I really like the MT60 ... but guess I am looking at 2000 miles on the 1100 the way they are wearing already..

May need to look at Scorpion 2 or Angel GT to see if they have some that fit.. to get 3500 to 4000 on a set??

The buffeting is probably me - I am wide.... 54" chest... so...

7. I'll get 3000-3500 miles from the rear. And that's riding the wheels off it. Seriously.

But there again I'm not a fat knacker :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Did you buy the sport?
    Have you bought any extras for it yet. I have the accessories catalogue which is a dangerous read.

9. El T has Sport

I have base model because I wanted Gloss Black tank

I have the Aluminium Mudguards fitted

Sport Seat

Evotech crash protection

Evotech heavy bar ends

Ducati heated grips and Aluminium screen on order

Will get Evotech sump and oil cooler guard when available

That’s it then...

Considering Arrow Decat. But not sure it’s worth it for 3BHP with risk of mixture being out especially in WTY

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Yes I have the Sport. It doesn't want for anything. Though I have added a Quadlock mount ;)

11. I was thinking maybe the tail tidy and a screen but screens always seem to look crap on naked bikes.
    I'll get it first and ride it then decide if it needs anything.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Excellent, shame it’s September though. Crossed fingers for some good autumn weather

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Show me a naked bike where you don’t get buffeting and I’ll show you my granny’s ass (I know, it’s odd for a male to have a granny’s ass but there you go), small screens usually take a bit of wind pressure off you chest but direct it at your head, best just to stick below 80 I find, and yes it’s rare to find a good looking small screen that actually does anything, the only answer is to have several bikes, horses for courses, so I’ve got sports bike, classic bike, fun bike and winter hack covered, but recently realised I need something for off road!, shame, I’ll have to buy another bike!

14. I have the Multi for the fast times.... and the aluminium sport screen on order... it wont do much - but hopefully a little.

Not sure why my jacket buffets... thats what I do not get its all sealed up - around neck and arms - but maybe it gets in at the bottom?? different seating position?

Anyway - as I said earlier - better for your licence..

15. I'm thinking about tying in a visit to Maxton Engineering in Frodsham for shock/fork upgrades with a trip to Hammer & Tongs Performance in Warrington for a Rexxer remap.
    Would be great to do both in one day to save on journey time...
    Anybody done it?

16. Why?

17. Jerky throttle - the following (low cost) may help:
    Remove throttle, clean and powder graphite the inside of the grip/outside of the bars, and throttle mechanism.
    Add two m18 washers before the nut on lower u clamp for the handlebars. This eliminates the rubber mounting.
    Replace throttle cam with 2018 Desert Sled cam.

You can also drop the front to 10mm to help level the bike.
    And saw 1/2 inch off the plastic pre-load spacer at the top of the rh fork leg. This is intended to improve the front suspension.

NB. None of the above are my idea or to be taken as recommendations. Just things I have picked up from other well meaning people.

18. Thanks Phil.
    My problem isn’t the handling, it’s the hard suspension rattling my teeth. I’m fairly short and lean so my weight hardly registers on the suspension . I ride on mostly rough road surfaces and the stock shock and forks are hopeless. On smooth fast roads it’s much better.
    The low speed problem is a tuning issue rather than the throttle problems found on earlier models.
    I’m going to call Maxton tomorrow to find outing they can sort the suspension in a morning so I can book in for the remap in the afternoon.

19. Could try cutting 1/2 inch off the pre-load spacer first. Alot of people swear by this. Nothing to lose.

20. True enough.
    I’m definitely getting the rear shock sorted though so just think it will be easier to get the forks done at the same time.
    It's rained quite hard here for the last 3 days so haven’t been for a ride. I’m looking forward to getting that 1st service done so I can have a proper blast!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information