1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Service And Poor Riding Skills Day

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Jenson, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Just had my first service done on my 765 Street Triple. All seems good apart from they must had adjusted my clutch a bit (had just started to get use to it as well).

So a couple of times today when pulling away from a stop in first, and slightly up hill, I messed up the clutch and throttle and had a rough pull away. Not juddering but did sound a bit rough for a brief second and wasn't a smooth get away and didn't stall :(

I guess it's is kind of lugging the engine for brief second. It's got 650 miles on the clock. Would the couple of rough starts do any long term damage?

And also, what would be different from doing the above and actually stalling an engine. Surely you lug an engine for a brief moment before it stalls, right?

So can you really lug an engine when pulling away in first the same as going up a hill in 6th at 30mph at WOT for example?

2. Thread moved

3. Nah you'll be alright.

4. a "poor riding skills day"? I could be an instructor ;)

A bit of bogging as it pulls away won't kill it (as long as you do learn the new biting point and don't do it forever).

Do Not Sell My Personal Information