1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Spirited Ride Today On New To Me 1100s

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Felstmiester, May 25, 2020.

1. That looks like the connector from the wiring loom that should go to the servo motor. Without being attached to the servo you will always get the EML light and the EXVL error code. Go here and get yourself a DUC-EE (Ducati Exhaust Eliminator), send them the photo above as there is some difference sometimes between the connector that should be on the bike and the one that is (I know from experience). At $39 + postage, don't bother buying a 2nd hand one off eBay. You simply plug it in to the socket you're pointing at and that will cure your EXVL error code :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yep - thats for the servo....the 2 o2 sensors are down on the right hand side of the frame....

3. Checked the exhaust. Yes it has the holes blanked off with bolts that can be undone ( I think)
    As for the sensors I haven’t had chance to get the seat off and have a dig around to find them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Also. Rather than starting a new post I’ll put it here.
    Spoke to a company earlier. Was told the way to go for the yellow light / termi exhaust problem is get a power commander then they can map it for any fueling issues. £380 for p commander and another £300 for the map. Am I getting my pants pulled down?
    also need to do cam belts and re pack silencer so thought I’d strip her down a bit. Tank off etc. Not all but some of the bolts on top of the air box are impossible to undo. They just click round. Obviously the threaded fitting the bolt screws into is spinning. Now I know mines not the only one that has this problem so how do u guys deal with this?
    Also. Previous owner must of junked the wiring to the lambda sensors because I can’t find anything even with the tank off?

7BC09AEF-D298-41F9-BA60-3FD0EE199880.jpeg

A2FB3481-63C3-4FFD-BB73-9E78D483D232.jpeg

5. Yep pants down

6. My 1100s had termi exhausts, decat pipe, exhaust flapper valve delete pipe and air box removed and replaced with velocity stacks/K&N filters. I then took it to CJS and had the original ECU remapped and all the sensors/valves deleted and it now runs perfect with no warning lights, the remap was £325 so yes I think ypu are being seen off!

7. Ok. Thought that was the case. Just got to find somewhere in Hertfordshire or Essex that do the re flash.
    Hopefully the belts come before the weekend so I can get them on. Ordered chain & sprockets. Give it an oil change then on to the re mapping

8. BSD in Peterborough worth a shout for remapping, not too far for you?

9. + 1 for the power commander comments above, I don’t believe you need it. I never understand why people buy them.

I’m not totally familiar with the Hyper airbox but if the only bolts not fully releasing are the 2 Philips head ones, those don’t look like original Ducati ones. It looks to me like the bolts holding the airbox lid in place are the 8mm hex head ones around the circumference. @comfysofa would have first hand detailed knowledge.

10. 2 for bsd

11. :upyeah:
    No it’s a few of the 8mm bolts that won’t come out. Going to have to chop the heads off and melt the threaded insirt out with a soldering iron and somehow repair. Still! I can do the air box mod while I’ve got it off

12. Before you chop anything wait & see what @comfysofa says, it seems strange the threaded insert is knackered, that’s not an area prone to getting wet and thus corroding.

13. All done mate. Put a socket on a drill and spun the offending bolts until they got hot enough to pull out the plastic put them in a vice to separate the threaded collet. Bonded the collets back in the main air box and bolted back up with some oil on the threads for next time.
    Oh!! And of cause drill the top of the lid with a hole saw :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Do u guys bother putting the cover thing back over the top of the air box. Obviously coz I’ve done the air box mod the cover will need a hole in if re installing

15. Can you throw up a pic? I think you'll need put the lid back unless you've got individual filters for each throttle body.

16. I don’t mean the actual air box lid. I mean this material felt cover. I presume looking at what it’s made of it’s a sound deadening thing. It’s just if I re instal it I’d have to cut a hole in it where ive cut the air box

8CA41DF4-F0C0-4E84-8A89-76BC9915C392.jpeg

17. I'm guessing that can be left out. If it were mine I'd leave it out and see how it goes.

18. :eek::eek: The BMC filters are €189:eek:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information