1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Spirited Ride Today On New To Me 1100s

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Felstmiester, May 25, 2020.

1. I did the mwr airbox lid mod, requires removal of box & sawing the top of then fit the mwr filter lid

2. Saw that on the net the other day. Good bit of kit but pricey. Mine already had a piper cross filter so I just cleaned it and gave it an oil, drilled the lid out and put it back together. Cam belts on sat. Think I’ll use the 6mm Allen key method for tension. Although I have got the carbon drive app but not sure that’s gonna work?

3. Dunno about that but if your airbox is screwed ive got a spare one....ive also got some cycleworks airfilters (the ones they sell with the oversized tank...re the mapping pants down absolutely = get cjs to remap it and you wont need the o2 sensors, shitty powercommander, or any exhaust flapper valve boxes....keeps it as simple as possible....

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Gates Carbon Drive app is a cinch to use* What’s fiddly is setting and resetting the tensioning pulley to get it just right but you have to go through that whatever method of tension measurement you use.

* just make sure you don’t have any fluorescent lights in the room when using the app, they ‘hum’ at 50hz and the app can pick it up.

5. Great! Got 7 fluorescent lights in the garage

6. Best turn them off :)

7. New cam belts are in. Got home from work early today and they’d came in the post so got straight on it. After that I stripped the end can off and got it ready for re packing. Obviously lots fibreglass packing I pulled out but there’s also the wire wool that goes on before the fibreglass when re packing. Do you guy recommend it’s done like this? I’ve read that the steel wool generates heat.

8. I can't help with that one, I've not re-packed an exhaust since c.1979, when I had to stuff the ends of the exhausts with wire wool on my Suzi GT550 to get it through it's MOT:astonished::D; it all got pulled out again as soon as i got around the corner having passed the MOT:).

9. One of the things that breaks up the fibreglass fibres is vibration from the shockwave - possible that the wire wool adds a bit of 'spring' cant see how it would get hotter

10. All done & back on the bike. I did use the stainless wool first. No quieter tho lol.
    Next thing I wanna do is strip the engine casings and spray them black. Can’t stand the look where the paints flaked off on the clutch side. Anyone done this? It must be a popular thing?

11. A fair few on here have done it, myself included on my 748, although not black. Just make sure the paint and/or lacquer is petrol & oil proof. Rattle cans are fine. Some go for Cerakoting, a lot more money but bullet proof and will last for years.

Have you checked out Lamb Chop Rides on YT yet? He’s stripping and refurbing a Hyper.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information