1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Time Ducati Owner With A Monster 1100

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by ode, May 17, 2021.

1. Hi all - I'm Scott, I live in Cheshire, and after a few years off bikes I've taken the plunge and bought a 2009 Monster 1100.. and I love it. It's quite a high miler, on 32,000, but with one owner and a full history it seemed to be worth a punt, the fact it's tidy but not immaculate will help reign in my tendencies to spend more time cleaning it than riding it.
    One thing I'm having trouble with is the amount of non-standard bits on it and fitting further things around them - I really need passenger grab handles so my wife can join me on days out, but the Ducati grab rails seem to be discontinued and aren't available anywhere. Two other brands I've tried have turned out incompatible because of a tail tidy already fitted to it - the indicators are in the way. It's all a learning process and won't stop me loving the bike! Only the one pic so far, too busy riding the thing :D

DSC_0097.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. Welcome to the forum ode:)

3. Good that you found the place Scott. :upyeah:

4. welcome ode'

5. Welcome. The M1100 is a great bike. I had a 796 and sold it to buy an S4R that was too keenly priced to turn down but if I ever got rid of that bike I’d buy an M1100 as it’s the best looking Monster they made IMO.

6. Greetings!

7. Welcome to the forum Ode

8. Thanks all, and hello!

The first Monster I found was a 796 which the trader sold from under my feet as I was waiting for it to be delivered (the scumbag) so the 1100 was actually a second choice - not that many for sale, in the right condition and in my price range, so to end up with something I like so much was great. It's my favourite looking Monster too - the single sided swingarm and high level twin cans are just right for me.

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information