1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Trackday

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Gricey86, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Looking at doing Pete boast flat track school 27th January and the novice cadwell track day 24th February me balls just shrivelled writing that....anyway mrs is ringing both on Monday to discuss if I'm allowed to do them as am not 100% yet so think it's best to talk to them...one of them is a present from mrs.

2. Haaa no the rvf is getting used

• Like Like x 1
  3. Noted on the 24th at cadwell it's 105 db no idea what mine is, I'm guessing Ducati are above that or not?

4. What bike with what exhaust?

Is that drive by reading or static?

5. Not sure, mines a twin stack no baffles but I wouldn't call it mega loud

6. Rvf 400

7. RVF400 should not be above 105dB..I would reckon 98-102dB.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. 105dB is as loud as you are allowed (AFAIK) in UK tracks. Stock is 92. Cadwell are very sympathetic. I'd be very surprised if you have a problem.
    I love Cadwell, it's my favourite circuit.
    It is long and quite physical. Not all the lines are immediately obvious (Barn is a blind apex), so get instruction etc if you can. Have a look at a few vids as well.

what I absolutely love about it is that it fits nicely in the landscape rather than seeming to be in some industrial park.
    No garages by the way, so make sure you've got warm coats etc.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Should be fine. My 999 with a straight through exhaust is 101db. 996 with 50mm termi's is 106db.

• Like Like x 1
  10. My old 853 with termis was 100db.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Take baffles and if it’s a ball ache to fit them just fit them beforehand.

Last thing you want is faffing around for the first couple of hours trying to get in track for the sake of a slightly nicer sound and 2hp

12. Don't have any mate

13. You can get DB meter apps for your phone but no idea how accurate they are.

I use it to measure the wife when angry. Sometimes it defuses the situation. Other times it seems to spur her on for a record attempt......

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. They said the same about my 853 at Mallory. Same bike different days, Brands said 102 and Silverstone said 104. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  15. So how did it go? You must be off track by now :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information