1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fischer Future Heat

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Solar panels heat water. Photo voltaic cells generate electricity.
    Glad I could help:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. I’d expect it to have a proper gas boiler for that price......:)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. just down the road from us - one next door to it sold for £282 2 years ago
    Russell Terrace, Russell Street, Wilton, Salisbury, SP2
    https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-97629911.html

• Like Like x 1
  4. My brother lives in Downton(where I used to keep my crashed motorbikes - I am known at Salisbury Hospital!) and when I was biking to his house my route took me very near to Wilton (may of technically gone through Wilton). His gaf must be worth well over a million if that is £545k. I am so glad not to be involved in the property market!

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I may be wrong! I just had a quick look at Downton on RightMove and it appears quite cheap. Nothing like his house but he'd be pushed to get over £750k. Don't get it. Downton has two breweries and so always gets my vote!

6. Yes. I did di a bit of Wilton:
    upload_2020-9-27_23-40-7.png

7. I hate to bring up the subject (I don't really as the reaction is funny!) but I turned off the power to my water heater yesterday at about 11am. It was for some experiment but I forgot all about it! In my freezing cold shower this morning, I remembered that I had turned off the power to the heater about 20 hours ago. The shower wasn't cold - I lied - it was nice and hot! I could of made it hotter by increasing the temperature control but I didn't need to. Some time after, with the water heater still off, I ran a couple of bowls of hot water for washing up. It wasn't until much later in the day that I went back to the workshop and restored the power. So his piece of fake crap that I was conned into to buying provides at least one hot shower and a couple of sinkfuls of washing up water with the power switched off for over 20 hours ago.

When I switched on the power, the heater used about 2 units of electricity to restore it to 100% That is just to put the crystals back to their original state. It stores no water, hot or cold. I am sorry it rankles the gas lovers here, but this water heater is fecking brilliant! My gas meter goes tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I've just had a quote for one of these heaters £4100. I don't have the option of gas so electric/ solar only option.

• WTF WTF x 1
  9. I can't remember what I paid for mine but it will of been about that. They are NOT cheap but it is more of a long-term bet. No pathetic "servicing" - as in paying for somebody to wield your vacuum at it, plus very little ongoing energy consumption (I use about 4 or 5 units a day). Plus no sucking in air through your teeth and saying that you can't get the parts, y'know when the gas heater goes wrong - as it will. Or, "I haven't seen one of these for years and you can't get the parts, y'know but I can save you yer VAT"!

It has a warranty of 10 years. If you work out how much power you will save over 20 years (say), it doesn't look so expensive. And you have no burning of carbon fuels like gas and coal, etc.

If I was in the same position as I was last year, I would not hesitate to still buy it.

Not 100% sure but I think that you can run these off solar. When my finances improve, I will talk to them again about dumping "cheap" rate electricity and getting their room heaters, which I know can work off solar.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information