1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icon Fitting Flat Bars

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by MK Drew, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Has anyone removed the awful standard handlebars and fitted an aftermarket set?
    I fancy doing this just to change the set up and riding position a bit. But here's the question.

My Scrambler came with genuine heated grips fitted (a freebie from the dealer when I bought it)
    How is the left grip fitted? Can I get them off without damaging the left one if it is glued on?

Any advice would be could.

Cheers

2. I had my Classic fitted with Full Throttle bars from new but this also required changing the central handlebar clamp / instrument mount as the FT bars 28mm at the centre tapering to 22 at the grips. There are plenty of aftermarket options that should fit though and many owners have changed the bars.
    The left hand heated grip is secured by a small screw (M3.5/M4?). If you fold back the rubber slightly at the innermost end where it meets the switchgear you will see the screw, it has a cross head. To remove the grip you just need to remove the screw and it slides off. You will need to tap a threaded hole in the appropriate place on your new bars to secure the grip. Easiest with alloy bars.
    [​IMG]

3. Icon with Full Throttle bars here too :upyeah:

47D885EB-FA3E-49E7-A6FD-59BF035C80A4.png

4. Flat bars fitted today. Easy as pie. It makes a real difference to the sitting position, I think it actually feels a lot better than stock.

So thats the stock exhaust and bars thrown on the garage shelf, exactly where they belong:upyeah::upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  5. I had the full throttle bars in my icon....so much better! I have them up for sale in the wanted section at the mo, bars and clamp.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information