1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 Fitting Sat Nav On V2

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Panther6500, May 10, 2021.

1. Does anyone fit a sat nav to their Ducati? The space in the cock pit seems limited to conventional size devices. I’m looking at a Beeline Moto compact and simple.

2. You can mount in the headstock, I used a quad lock, but also ultimate addons do a case. You just have to modify the mount as the tube is much wider inside than the aperture.

C8396C1D-5204-43DB-973C-1C2819E3DF17.jpeg
    90493214-89A3-4442-A4E9-25D341F7CA74.jpeg
    CD4C1A29-1D08-4955-BBFB-101FAB6BAD69.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  3. I think they also do a multimedia add on for the dash with it. Won't be as good as Google maps or Waze though if they do.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Loads of room for sat nav, I’ve been running my Garmin 660 for years now on my 899, sorry the first two pictures are a bit dark, just taken them in the garage now..
    FA45B355-D8D6-403F-9676-BEE58B0D130A.jpeg

I’ve used a custom made expanding RAM mount in the end of the lhs bar, to keep the Garmin central about the “U” shaped cutout in the top yoke, the whole lot is on a RAM mount and a quick release waterproof connector for the power lead, can be detached in a couple of minutes leaving just the RAM ball in the end of the bar.

1E4E4307-9CA9-4F7B-975A-705994511CF4.jpeg

It’s a snug fit but doesn’t obscure the dash at all when you’re on the bike and not too close for you to focus on like some top yoke mounts.
    Sena Bluetooth helmet set and your good to go!

Also doubles up just using the RAM ball on the very rare occasion when I use the Gopro on the bike....

14820FEB-F19E-4B36-B179-CBED059F443C.jpeg

Forward facing..

9DD19C49-32A7-48F0-B8A8-2C34FD9AAA30.jpeg

Rider facing, for the “sheer terror” look!

D6EB847E-D6C8-4904-A7C3-1F019C69589B.jpeg

And rearward facing so you can see who’s chasing you..

The RAM mounts are a really sturdy and vibration free solution for me

• Like Like x 1
  5. They do but it's not nav, it's just SMS/Calls and music control, which seems somewhat limited, unless I guess you just use headphones and pump the sound in. I'd love to have some NAV capability in the dash even if it was just basic stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1

6. I’ve looked at this option and it certainly appeals using the computer you already have in your pocket. Did you use a toggle bolt to fit it in the headstock tube?

7. Ah okay, bit rubbish that then

8. +1 for quadlock although be warned if you have a newer version iPhone or Samsung. Because the mount is so incredibly stable an secure, the vibrations from the bike can actually ruin the camera stabilisation. I had mine go on my 11 Pro, luckily got Apple to repair under warranty as I took it in without the case on. Quadlock have completely confirmed the issue and have developed a damper attachment to solve the issue. Frustrating as it does ruin the sleekness somewhat but it's still a great option

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ive just seen that issue described by The Missenden Flyer on YouTube - it makes the beeline more attractive once you included the cost of Quadlock bracket and damper.

10. I coincidently started a thread on this yesterday. Seems like SatNav should be the first thing they integrate into the dash, and SMS the last, but Ducati have chosen SMS, and not Nav display at all from what I understand...

11. I used the quadlock top but ran a bolt through with a plasterboard spring clip on the back that I could pop in an then it would expand out and grip up underneath the top face of the headbolt.

12. What did you use to adapt the stem mount to work! I’ve seen a plastic insert that goes up from the bottom of the steering stem to make the small Quadlock stem mount parts fit or some spring loaded plasterboard load spreading fittings which looked a bit Heath Robinson but might be strong enough!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Updated above with link.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks,
    My son thinks he might have a bracket off his old V4R which he had a Quadlock mount on somewhere in the garage and I will ask the experts (my sons tame ducati dealer) where they connect for a switched live and I will use it to switch on/off a fused extra connection from the battery to power it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information